displaying posts 26 to 26 of 26

Pages (2): 1 [2]

Author Subject: So, essential and desireable mods....
mik

Seasoned Pro

Post #26
From a Citroen Berlingo or Peugeot Partner. They go on the front wishbones and mount to the subframe, and you need a different bolt - see this thread:

http://www.306gti6.com/forum/showthread.php?id=144876

One of the best "mods" is simply making sure the knackered 15-year old bushes and mounts (anything with rubber in it) are replaced. Even OE replacements sharpen up the car a huge amount compared to 15 year old, 100K-mile ones. Coskev told me he tried roller bearing bushes and they were too harsh for normal road use, were noisy and needed regular lubrication to stop the noise. All mods are a compromise, depends what you use the car for.

I've gone for OEM+ type upgrades that could/should have been on the car when new (in my opinion anyway). Mine is a toy for summer use, not a track car. If I were doing a track car I'd do it differently.

As others have said check out some of the Project threads. I got a lot of inspiration from some on there.

Cherry Rallye SOLD

Posted 26th Sep 2014 at 13:51

Pages (2): 1 [2]