Seasoned Pro

Post #126
Looking great Thumbs up
Keep the photos coming
Posted 4th Aug 2017 at 12:56
Chr1sch

Seasoned Pro

Post #127
Well sadly I did end up selling the '6 - it was a fantastic car but situations must and it was time to move it on...im pleased to report the new owner is an ex '6 owner and intends to finish the vision and get it absolutely perfect.

I've now also handed back my company car as i change jobs shortly, and bought myself a Megane Cup to bridge the gap until the new family wagon lands in the new year....then the Megane becomes the new track car!

It's already Stage 2, 272 bhp and 302lb ft, its no slouch to say the least....big plans ahead. It really does expose just how good the 306 was, handling wise, turn-in, 'nimbleness' etc, i miss massively and it will take real work to get the Megane up to speed, that said, its way way faster, which is very entertaining.

The new track toy 😎 by Chr1sch1, on Flickr

Posted 9th Oct 2017 at 12:06
blandy

Seasoned Pro

Post #128
You sold your 306 to someone in Aylesbury? I pass it everyday now and thought I recognised it from somewhere
Posted 9th Oct 2017 at 13:41
RallyeRed

Regular

Post #129
Interesting move. Nice looking car, and very good value at the moment.
Have pondered them from time to time, but somehow they don't quite scratch the right itch.
For a sure when I've seen them on track days a well sorted one doesn't hang around!
Posted 9th Oct 2017 at 13:53
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Post #130
So am I correct in thinking Chris ?....You no longer own any form of 6 ?....
I’m shocked if that’s correct......I understand about change though ...great colour but that ass end doesn’t do it for me personally....but I don’t own it ...so it doesn’t matter LOL

Good luck Mucker Thumbs up
Posted 9th Oct 2017 at 17:46
Chr1sch

Seasoned Pro

Post #131
quote:
[quote="blandy"]You sold your 306 to someone in Aylesbury? I pass it everyday now and thought I recognised it from somewhere

Yes mate thats right, he was a lovely chap to be fair, hope he's looking after it!
Posted 9th Oct 2017 at 19:37
Chr1sch

Seasoned Pro

Post #132
quote:
[quote="Day666"]So am I correct in thinking Chris ?....You no longer own any form of 6 ?....
I’m shocked if that’s correct......I understand about change though ...great colour but that ass end doesn’t do it for me personally....but I don’t own it ...so it doesn’t matter LOL

Good luck Mucker Thumbs up

Thanks mate, sadly you are correct, I am without 6....i still lust after one running a similar spec to yours Damien but sadly I could buy 3 Megane's just for the price of your engine, and frankly right now, i just cant afford that.

The car was originally built to go to the ring, so is pretty well spec'd and i've got plans to turn it into something very tastey over time, and its not rusting!

And rest assured, nobody really likes that ass...
Posted 9th Oct 2017 at 19:39
blandy

Seasoned Pro

Post #133
quote:
[quote="Chr1sch"]
quote:
[quote="blandy"]You sold your 306 to someone in Aylesbury? I pass it everyday now and thought I recognised it from somewhere

Yes mate thats right, he was a lovely chap to be fair, hope he's looking after it!

Cerrtainly looks clean and tidy still Thumbs up
Posted 9th Oct 2017 at 19:46
99rallye

Regular

Post #134
I'm gutted you've sold your 6..... It was one of my favorites on the forum! You'd done such a good job on it. Well, I hope the new guy starts a thread and enjoy the Megane! They do make tasty track cars.
Posted 9th Oct 2017 at 22:54
Chr1sch

Seasoned Pro

Post #135
quote:
[quote="99rallye"]I'm gutted you've sold your 6..... It was one of my favorites on the forum! You'd done such a good job on it. Well, I hope the new guy starts a thread and enjoy the Megane! They do make tasty track cars.

Thanks mate, in its current form i reckon the 6 wouldnt be any slower around the track as it was so good through the bends. I'll stay a member on here as i like the forum/group. Perhaps we should add a non-pug section for projects?!

Yours is a stunner, keep up the hard work Smile
Posted 10th Oct 2017 at 11:11
Nose

Senior User

Post #136
Shame Chris, I really liked your car. Must say I do like the Megane though, looks very nice, good luck with it matey Thumbs up

Bianca 306 Rallye.
Mondeo Titanium X.
Posted 10th Oct 2017 at 12:09
Chr1sch

Seasoned Pro

Post #137
quote:
[quote="Nose"]Shame Chris, I really liked your car. Must say I do like the Megane though, looks very nice, good luck with it matey Thumbs up

Cheers mate Smile
Posted 10th Oct 2017 at 12:12
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Post #138
It feels to me like 6s have a sort of personality ...maybe just me ...they still look good ...totally understand why people change though ...but my 6 has helped me through some really tough times ....was made redundant after 17years ...marriage split up Etc Etc ...it’s part of the family more than just a car Crazy

I really really wouldn’t know what other car to get ?...I’ve put a spin on mine now which means I’ll never get any money back for it ...gone past the point of no return Thumbs down
Posted 10th Oct 2017 at 13:38
Chr1sch

Seasoned Pro

Post #139
quote:
[quote="Day666"]It feels to me like 6s have a sort of personality ...maybe just me ...they still look good ...totally understand why people change though ...but my 6 has helped me through some really tough times ....was made redundant after 17years ...marriage split up Etc Etc ...it’s part of the family more than just a car Crazy

I really really wouldn’t know what other car to get ?...I’ve put a spin on mine now which means I’ll never get any money back for it ...gone past the point of no return Thumbs down

If could have financially gone to the extremes you have with yours Damien i would have absolutely kept it, alas we put ALL our money into a massive house project, and i've resigned from my well-paid, secure job to join a startup. So before the Pug fell neglected i sold it to someone who I believe can continue to build it to something like yours.

I love the looks etc, it got way more attention at Shelsley Walsh etc, but sadly running through the winter until the Cupra turns up would have killed it completely i fear....
Posted 10th Oct 2017 at 14:14
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Post #140
Mines gone well past where even I could of dreamed ..but it’s gone really stupid now ...yes I love it but obsessive tendency has taken over Thumbs down

Really good luck with the job plus cars ....as I said before loved your car ....plus best Colour Rallye Thumbs up
Posted 10th Oct 2017 at 14:43

Pages (6): first .. 4 5 [6]