displaying posts 1 to 5 of 5

Author Subject: Genuine TPS+ICV
Tarmac terror

Regular

Post #1
Hi folks, looking to replace all the sensors to eliminate my running problem on the Rallye. Was going to buy all new aftermarket sensors but erring towards used, genuine for quality purposes.

Anyone got genuine (working) TPS and ICV at sensible money??

TT
Posted 15th Aug 2014 at 13:00
RetroPug

Seasoned Pro

Post #2
I have a genuine ICV that turned out not to be the problem with my car (was a warped manifold in the end!), but I replaced with a brand new ICV anyway. I'm on holiday until the 21st but could post it on the 22nd if you want it. If you were nearer I'd let you come and test sensors until you found which was at fault.

I'd say an old ICV, although genuine, could still give up at any time really, I've owned 3 gti6s since the end of 2012 and the ICV has been an issue on two of them.

In any case, you're welcome to have the one I've got spare if I can find it. Not sure what they are worth 2nd hand but looking back through old threads.. 25 + postage, so 27.50 delivered?

61k miles Ph.1 Diablo '6 Project Thread
Posted 15th Aug 2014 at 15:22
Tarmac terror

Regular

Post #3
All sorted now.

Many thanks...

TT
Posted 15th Aug 2014 at 15:50
dangti6

aka JKshooter

Post #4
RetroPug wrote:
Not sure what they are worth 2nd hand but looking back through old threads.. 25 + postage, so 27.50 delivered?

Who's the OP - mabgti?

Half that IMO especially if unsure if it's not 100%

• Senior Test Automation Engineer for the 306GTi6 Owners Club Forum Wizard

• Posted 15th Aug 2014 at 15:53
    RetroPug

Seasoned Pro

Post #5
    dangti6 wrote:
    RetroPug wrote:
    Not sure what they are worth 2nd hand but looking back through old threads.. 25 + postage, so 27.50 delivered?

Who's the OP - mabgti?

Half that IMO especially if unsure if it's not 100%

I'd refund the money if it wasn't working, but it is 100% working. I keep it as a spare having just put a brand new one on but given that they last 15 years it doesn't seem worth it, especially as ICV issues don't leave you stranded.

Glad you sorted some sensors mate.

61k miles Ph.1 Diablo '6 Project Thread
    Posted 16th Aug 2014 at 05:50