Author Subject: Car tax changes
monty-69

Senior User

Post #26
RetroPug wrote:
monty-69 wrote:
ian7675 wrote:
monty-69 wrote:
Another reason not to vote lab/lib cons. Im beginning to think maybe this chem trailing is actually true! Either the uk has been brainwashed or we can't see clearly due to our heads being up our arse.Thumbs up

...it's only car tax.

My point exactly! The British bend over and take it, lube or not! What happened to our back bone?!

It starts at the top, above the puppet leaders obama/cameron etc, our attitudes, beliefs and culture is eroded away bit by bit, right from child education and through controlled media. Over generations these small changes become the norm. Yes

Ha ha me and stan the new coalition, little and large! We would now be labelled as racist and extreme right wing but one or two generations ago we would be seen as in the middle and speaking common sense. How things change..

Road tax has never even been enough to cover the building and maintenance of roads and more money for this has always been obtained through other government monies.

I disagree with VED myself, but I know what it is. Starting a huge rant about it and then using it to show that the whole country has effectively gone to the dogs is just incoherent, and on that subject, when did we have a backbone?
Back in the days of Churchill perhaps? Here's a direct quote from him arguing that Road Tax purely funding roads should be abolished:
"Entertainments may be taxed; public houses may be taxed...and the yield devoted to the general revenue. But motorists are to be privileged for all time to have the tax on motors devoted to roads? This is an outrage upon...common sense."

Everyone has the right to voice their opinions, but an opinion expressed out of hand that demonstrates a clear lack of knowledge on the subject even after a quick google can also be dismissed out of hand, and that's just what people are doing when they see you complain about a near-century old for of taxation which has roots in the 1800s and use it to explain why nobody should vote for a certain party, including chemtrails (which I had to look up because it is so obscure and lacking in evidence that it is never promoted).

I don't have a problem with road tax in general. I do have a problem with uk roads and road tax costing more for cars with lower mpg as this is already payed for in fuel. Its exactly the same with income tax, then savings tax and inheritance tax... You presume a lot. I presume you wear skinny jeans either to express your sexuality or fit in with the crowd.

There is nowt queerer than modern folkSmile
Posted 12th Aug 2014 at 20:21
monty-69

Senior User

Post #27
RetroPug wrote:
monty-69 wrote:
ian7675 wrote:
monty-69 wrote:
Another reason not to vote lab/lib cons. Im beginning to think maybe this chem trailing is actually true! Either the uk has been brainwashed or we can't see clearly due to our heads being up our arse.Thumbs up

...it's only car tax.

My point exactly! The British bend over and take it, lube or not! What happened to our back bone?!

It starts at the top, above the puppet leaders obama/cameron etc, our attitudes, beliefs and culture is eroded away bit by bit, right from child education and through controlled media. Over generations these small changes become the norm. Yes

Ha ha me and stan the new coalition, little and large! We would now be labelled as racist and extreme right wing but one or two generations ago we would be seen as in the middle and speaking common sense. How things change..

Road tax has never even been enough to cover the building and maintenance of roads and more money for this has always been obtained through other government monies.

I disagree with VED myself, but I know what it is. Starting a huge rant about it and then using it to show that the whole country has effectively gone to the dogs is just incoherent, and on that subject, when did we have a backbone?
Back in the days of Churchill perhaps? Here's a direct quote from him arguing that Road Tax purely funding roads should be abolished:
"Entertainments may be taxed; public houses may be taxed...and the yield devoted to the general revenue. But motorists are to be privileged for all time to have the tax on motors devoted to roads? This is an outrage upon...common sense."

Everyone has the right to voice their opinions, but an opinion expressed out of hand that demonstrates a clear lack of knowledge on the subject even after a quick google can also be dismissed out of hand, and that's just what people are doing when they see you complain about a near-century old for of taxation which has roots in the 1800s and use it to explain why nobody should vote for a certain party, including chemtrails (which I had to look up because it is so obscure and lacking in evidence that it is never promoted).

I don't have a problem with road tax in general. I do have a problem with uk roads and road tax costing more for cars with lower mpg as this is already payed for in fuel. Its exactly the same with income tax, then savings tax and inheritance tax... You presume a lot. I presume you wear skinny jeans either to express your sexuality or fit in with the crowd.

Posted 12th Aug 2014 at 20:22
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #28
its CAR TAX NOT ROAD TAX.

need a part number? get on here - http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 12th Aug 2014 at 20:25
dangti6

aka JKshooter

Post #29
welshpug! wrote:
its CAR TAC NOT ROAD TAX.

LOL

• Senior Test Automation Engineer for the 306GTi6 Owners Club Forum Wizard

• Posted 12th Aug 2014 at 20:26
    welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #30
    and to add, Fuel Tax does not pay for the roads, its just revenue generation for the government.

granted that revenue does get split and used to maintain the roads, however the largest chunk of that probably comes from your council tax, given its the councils that maintain the roads.

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 12th Aug 2014 at 20:32
    welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #31
    so if you ant better roads, get all those caravan dwelling council tax avoiding pikeys into houses.

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 12th Aug 2014 at 20:33
    mik

Seasoned Pro

Post #32
    Same with NI: some politician (Harold Wilson IIRC) said in the 1970s the "the greatest secret about the National Insurance Fund is that there is no National Insurance Fund.

I don't mind paying road tax, as long as some do-gooders do not advocate another special tax to "pay for the roads".

If you really want to rant about iniquitous taxes, try stamp duty and death duty, they are much worse than road/car tax.

Cherry Rallye SOLD

Posted 12th Aug 2014 at 22:47
    gilesy

Seasoned Pro

Post #33
    welshpug! wrote:
    so if you ant better roads, get all those caravan dwelling council tax avoiding pikeys into houses. out filling pot holes

Efa
    Posted 12th Aug 2014 at 23:02
    RetroPug

Seasoned Pro

Post #34
    monty-69 wrote:

What did I presume? The Churchill thing was a joke about returning to the good old days and the fact that even people championed as strong british leaders have supported vehicle tax.

I have a problem with it too, but I at least have taken the trouble to understand what I'm criticising, which is the opposite of presumption actually.

Yes ok I wear skinny jeans and I'm gay because I happen to have researched vehicle tax before I oppose it. Right. LOL

61k miles Ph.1 Diablo '6 Project Thread
    Posted 13th Aug 2014 at 07:23

Pages (2): 1 [2]