displaying posts 1 to 5 of 5

Author Subject: Medway Motor Tech HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!
calibra306

Seasoned Pro

Post #1
Well after a long slog to find a worthy mechanic willing to sort out the hydraulic clutch setup i found not only a compedent garage but a trustworthy one and one willing to provide helpful information when it come to the likes of an MOT etc.

Pug1off never touched the clutch setup which in my eyes i had payed for but it wasnt touched as they said it was working ok despite the master cylinder rod being broken inside and a small leak so the 3.0 V6 conversion was completly redone apart from the previous mentioned clutch setup.

The problem is the setup used was a completly sealed system, master and slave joined together and no way of bleeding it. One leak and ya got to replace the whole lot at £140.

Pug1off were mega busy and couldnt do it when i needed as the Tax was due to expire and the MOT had run out!!!

I called sooo many garages trying to find one willing to do a bit of custon work which many wont and even messaged a member on here recommended and still no joy!

Finally found on stating on there website that they take on custom work so a quick call and they was more then happy to take a look and get cracking!

The owner Pete was very friendly and listened to what i wanted doing and also that i would need it MOTed.

I did have a few concerns as theres jobs i needed doing that i had not done but i was happy to just pay to get it done and through the MOT.

I had a call at every point something required doing to make sure it was ok for them to do and each thing i was pretty much aware of that needed doing apart from the front pads on the inside that were proper worn down but they were 100% all the way.

hydraulic clutch setup replaced with a fully bleedable system, repair to where excising went through firewall and clutch pedal straightened
had new wiper blades
seat belt fitted for front passengers (none to rear)
horn sorted as dodgy connection somewhere
front and back pads changed and pistons checked a unseized as not used for at least 8 mths
MOT

Probably something ive forgot but all in all the price was also very worth it and very reasonable.

On collecting the car he even give me some helpful info on the MOT requirements based on the fact my cars been converted and so the emissions are tested on the non cat rule as in essence its a kit car which straight away saves me £300 on the custom exhaust i was going to get made as i was worried about cat failure as you hear so many after market ones buggering up after only months of use.

I really couldnt be any happier with the service of Medway Motor Tech.

ive always been so reluctant to hand my car over to a mechanic to do things on as often things have happened due to poor attention to detail or neglect but i really felt so at ease letting them loose on my car!

If anyone is local or not to far he is definatly worth the trip for anything from general, custom and MOTs

so heres the info

Medway MOTor tech
unit 1B commercial road
strood
rochester
kent
ME2 2AD

01634 294464 or 07508640310

www.medwaymotortech.co.uk

V6 Power!

Faster I can go the better!

Its not what you drive, its how you drive that wins the race!
Posted 23rd Jul 2014 at 21:15
rallyestyle

Seasoned Pro

Post #2
Sounds good Thumbs up

What defines a kit car for MOT purposes? I assume you have to get VOSA to assess it and change the details in their system?

Just Drive It
Posted 24th Jul 2014 at 11:53
calibra306

Seasoned Pro

Post #3
You only have to go vosa if you make certain changes like chassis.

In essence my car now has no rear seats, a different engine, battery relocated.

If the mot guy can see your car is not to original spec ie modifyed then its down to them to test it as they see fit.

V6 Power!

Faster I can go the better!

Its not what you drive, its how you drive that wins the race!
Posted 24th Jul 2014 at 14:23
cjm_harris

Seasoned Pro

Post #4
Yeah my MOT tester said mine is basically tested as a rally car. Laugh

Chris
1999 China Gti6 Supercharged Devil [Fun car] >>Project Thread<<
2000 Bianca 306 Diesel [Work runabout]
Posted 24th Jul 2014 at 15:14
RetroPug

Seasoned Pro

Post #5
If your vehicle is that radically altered you can get an IVA and re-register it as a one-off vehicle, with a new VIN etc.
I think you have to have changed it to the point that it would not be identifiable under its old details though (not sure).

I also don't know what the advantage of doing so would be, leniency in the MOT? Cheap kit car insurance?

61k miles Ph.1 Diablo '6 Project Thread
Posted 24th Jul 2014 at 19:31