displaying posts 1 to 8 of 8

Author Subject: No CL, IMOB/ALM, Speedo, Rev's, Oil Level or Fuel Level Work
steve h gti-6

Seasoned Pro

Post #1
Hi guys and girls,

As the title suggest's im having major GTi-6 Electrical mid-life breakdown problems !No Phase 3 99 Plate GTi-6

Ill try to keep a long story short and too the point if i can. (In between all this Batt was disconnected)

What started off as a simple heater control unit change turned into a knightmare. Changed the heater control and all sorted in that respect. Went to start the car and found it wouldnt start (would turn over but not fireup). Tracked that problem down to the Central Locking/Alarm/Imob control box not working, ie the ECU wasnt getting the disarm signal from the transponder chip.

Removed the CB and got my ECU unlocked, re-fitted ECU (not CCool and shazzam she runs as per normal. Now at the same time i have no Speedo, Digital display, Rev counter, Fuel level/fuel level warning light or Oil level/temp gauge.

I changed My unlocked ECU for a matching ECU, CB, Barrel lock reciever and transponder chips from another 6, installed all that and she would turn over but still not fire. Still had no CL etc or working instrument cluster. Fair enough and put back in my unlocked ECU and bang up she fires.

Instrument cluster wise i changed for a known working unit and still nothing works.

Everything else in the car works. I believe i have no live going to the CB Angry unless somebody has another idea??
I have checked all earths, one on the wing, gearbox, passenger and drivers earth too (all good). No broken, charred, burnt or blown fuses i could see. Also tried the shunt fuze too and changed fuses for other working fuses to be sure i hadnt missed something stupid. I think i must have had a power spike somewhere and fried something i cant see.

I also believe looking at the wiring diagram in Haynes that if the CB is working then everything else will come back into life, as it kind of makes sense all the above is connected to the CB in way or another. (im no electrical wizzkid though).

Any help would be greatly appreciated and im willing to listen and learn. All else fails ill have to bite the bullet and go to somebody like Miles, PP or Pug1Off and pay to have it sorted as dont know a lot about this magical thing called electricityNo

Cheers everyone

"Gotta Love The 6"

According to my wife i think the 6 is the fastest car in the world, perhaps she is right LoL !
Posted 21st Jul 2014 at 19:55
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #2
checked the interior earths?

need a part number? get on here - http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 21st Jul 2014 at 20:15
steve h gti-6

Seasoned Pro

Post #3
Hi Merion

Checked the one above the pedal's and the one in the passenger footwell, both had good clean contacts. This is were you tell me there is a third up behind the dash now that i cant reachWhistle

I am running out of idea's to be honest fella.

"Gotta Love The 6"

According to my wife i think the 6 is the fastest car in the world, perhaps she is right LoL !
Posted 21st Jul 2014 at 20:21
Niall

Seasoned Pro

Post #4
Checked the two plugs in the passenger foot well on the bottom of the heater box? Red and a brown one which do control a lot of stuff!
Posted 21st Jul 2014 at 23:12
steve h gti-6

Seasoned Pro

Post #5
Niall wrote:
Checked the two plugs in the passenger foot well on the bottom of the heater box? Red and a brown one which do control a lot of stuff!

Sure i checked those but no harm in checking again.

Really dont understand any of this, I didnt touch or remove anything else except the heater control unit and its associated plug and 2 vent control cables.Crazy

"Gotta Love The 6"

Posted 21st Jul 2014 at 23:22
stan_306gti6 Forum Admin

Post #6
Does the clock work and the interior lights? Unsure

"Supercharged - 454.1bhp/317.5lb/ft"
Peugeot 306 GTi-6
2000 (X), Moonstone Love
Posted 22nd Jul 2014 at 07:27
steve h gti-6

Seasoned Pro

Post #7
stan_306gti6 wrote:
Does the clock work and the interior lights? Unsure

Clock and all interior lights working ok

"Gotta Love The 6"

Posted 22nd Jul 2014 at 19:12
steve h gti-6

Seasoned Pro

Post #8
Also just noticed my clock does not keep the time, it flashes everytime i turn the ignition like it does after you reconnect the batt.

I think ive got a live feed problem ???

Can anybody recommend somebody in the Faringdon, Oxford or carterton area ?

"Gotta Love The 6"

Posted 29th Jul 2014 at 08:16