displaying posts 1 to 3 of 3

Author Subject: Solid rear beam mount kits
daveyboy

aka Jim Davey

Post #1
All the metal parts needed to turn standard mounts into solids (a good level of fabrication competence is a prerequisite for successful completion of this job, your safety and that of others is dependant on your welds holding)
All parts CNC laser profiled from 3mm mild steel for accuracy and ease of fit up.

You will need:
Angle grinder
Grinding and cutting discs
Safety gear (gloves, eye protection etc)
Metal or wood for making a temporary jig for holding the mounts in position once the brackets are cut off.
Access to a mig, stick or tig welder and the appropriate consumables.
If arc welding I'd recommend some 2.0mm rods or 2.5mm ones in a pinch.
Mig will work well with 0.8 wire, the gas shielded variety will give better results than self shielded flux cored.
Tig (how I do mine) uses 1.6 A18 mild steel rods, and gives a strong and pleasant weld appearance.
Paint/rust treatment to protect the finished product

Kits are available at £17.50 each posted to mainland UK.

I accept no responsibility for failed/non fitting mounts, the quality of the final product rests entirely with the purchaser.

R H Davey Welding Supplies. I sell new and used welding equipment in the Hampshire area. I take on welding jobs in the evenings, ally casting repairs are one of my specialities but I can weld pretty much anything. PM me with your requirements.

Some of my services: (See my for sale threads)
Engine mount/chassis repair
Solid Beam Mounts BACK IN PRODUCTION
Harness bars
Posted 19th Jul 2014 at 12:20
cully

Seasoned Pro

Post #2
in bought a set of these plates and can highly recommend them if you can weld.

I assembled mine with a stick Arc welder
Posted 19th Jul 2014 at 13:17
daveyboy

aka Jim Davey

Post #3
Cheers Cully Thumbs up

R H Davey Welding Supplies. I sell new and used welding equipment in the Hampshire area. I take on welding jobs in the evenings, ally casting repairs are one of my specialities but I can weld pretty much anything. PM me with your requirements.

Some of my services: (See my for sale threads)
Engine mount/chassis repair
Solid Beam Mounts BACK IN PRODUCTION
Harness bars
Posted 20th Jul 2014 at 12:27