displaying posts 1 to 4 of 4

Author Subject: Fitting Standard Airbox Back onto Car
MY95

Junior User

Post #1
How do you do this?
I have a standard airbox with all the pipework to go onto my Rallye but I am unsure on how to fit it (it has a really small induction kit on it at the moment)
Any help would be appreciated
Cheers
Posted 16th Jul 2014 at 18:21
RetroPug

Seasoned Pro

Post #2
Jack the car up.

I find it easiest to fit the pipe that goes from the airbox to the throttle body to the airbox first. This is the bendy one with the little one coming out the side for the idle control valve. The end further away from the crumpled bit that allows it to bend is the end that attaches to the airbox.

The two studs on the brackets on the side of the airbox go through two holes in the car body, pointing outwards towards the wheel arch. It is easiest to remove the wheel and wheel arch if you have difficulty finding the mounting holes but it can be done by just bending the splash guard back. The holes are near the brackets holding the horns on, sort of just above and behind the back of the fog light.

Simply lift up the airbox with resonator and pipe on top up into the gap it goes in, and get the studs into these two holes, then you can fit the nuts from the other side near the back of the fog light.

Then you can get out from under the car, and fit the other end of the pipe to the throttle body, and fit the snorkel to the slam panel.

If I was at home with my stands and jack I would make a little picture guide for you.

61k miles Ph.1 Diablo '6 Project Thread
Posted 16th Jul 2014 at 18:42
MY95

Junior User

Post #3
Thanks very much Retropug, I will rep you on 306oc Smile
Posted 16th Jul 2014 at 19:04
RetroPug

Seasoned Pro

Post #4
Hope it helps Smile

61k miles Ph.1 Diablo '6 Project Thread