displaying posts 1 to 2 of 2

Author Subject: removing the rear wiper arm, motor etc
rhyds

Regular

Post #1
im putting another tailgate onto my gti6 rally car and want to lighted it as much as possible so indent on removing the rear wiper arm & motor.

i can take the wiper off easy enough by removing the little nut but how do i go about removing the spindle? i dont want to pull through the glass in case i break it!!

any help would be appriciated

diolch

rhydian
Posted 16th Jul 2014 at 13:50
mik

Seasoned Pro

Post #2
Don't try to pull it through. Unscrew the serrated black plastic nut, which holds the spindle in place. Then open the tailgate, remove the plastic trim (10 T20 bolts IIRC), unclip the wiring and undo the 3 bolts holding the wiper motor to the inside of the tailgate. Motor with spindle attached should come away reasonably easily. Remove carefully as breaking the glass is quite easy if any violence or force is used.

Read the last post on this page:

http://www.306gti6.com/forum/showthread.php?id=136766

Cherry Rallye SOLD

Posted 16th Jul 2014 at 19:04