displaying posts 1 to 4 of 4

Author Subject: ENGINE OIL LEAK
cornish_pug

Regular

Post #1
THIS IS ON MY HDIThumbs up , I'VE HAD AN OIL LEAKThumbs down AT THE BACK OF THE ENGINE FOR YEARS AND WAS LOOKING THE OTHER DAY TO TRY AND FIND THE SOURCE. MY BOOST PIPE HAS OIL ON IT ALL THE TIME, ARE THESE ONE PIECE? IT LOOKS LIKE IT'S TWO HALF PIPES GLUED TOGETHER LENGTH WAYS. IT LOOKS LIKE ITS LEAKING FROM THIS FACTORY JOIN.
ARE THESE PIPES KNOWN TO LEAK?Dunno

THANKS

cornish_pug has attached the following image:

Team Diesel
Posted 14th Jul 2014 at 12:42
jarrus464

Junior User

Post #2
Sounds like your turbo oil seals need replacing, do you have to top up your oil often?
Posted 16th Jul 2014 at 08:53
cornish_pug

Regular

Post #3
Not very often, my rocker breather lets a lot of of oil through into the intake. my catch tank use to collect a lot but i've gone back to standard breathing now.

Team Diesel
Posted 16th Jul 2014 at 10:15
jarrus464

Junior User

Post #4
Id clean out the pipes and go back to your catch tank system and see if the pipe fills up again, if it does then your turbo seals are definately buggered but if not then its just the breather dumping oil back into the inlet,
Posted 16th Jul 2014 at 12:03