displaying posts 1 to 8 of 8

Author Subject: DTA E48
RallyeP6

Regular

Post #1
Hi all, does anyone have any experience with the old DTA E48 on 306 Gti. I bought mine back in 2000 and have been using it on my Bx turbo. It has been super reliable and does everything i needed from it, plus i know the software inside out.
Now want to fit Jenvey 45mm TB's to my standard Gti6 and use my trusty ECU. Will start building the loom next week, going to be using the standard crank sensor so need to find out the position of it, BTDC degrees and how many teeth the flywheel has and how many missing.
If anyone has a base map or just a start up map to get me going i'd be grateful. Don't mind paying (a bit) for it as i know setting up ECU's cost ££.
I have the calibration box so can make quick changes to suit my engine. If anyone can recommend a rolling road with experience in the Surrey/ South East England area too.
Posted 14th May 2014 at 23:19
allanallen

Seasoned Pro

Post #2
Give dta a ring, theyre incredibly helpful. I think theres some base maps on the site but if not they've emailed me an e48 map in the past.

al

www.bridgecraftmotorsport.co.uk

Facebook
Posted 15th May 2014 at 06:55
demondriverdan

Seasoned Pro

Post #3
Torque Developments International over in Thurrock / Dartford have a hub dyno you can hire out from them for something around £60p/h if you know what you are doing when it comes to mapping. They can also map the car for you for at £120p/h. Really nice guys, they race in the same series as me and they've done the dyno tests and tracking on the race car.

Rallye Race Car
Posted 15th May 2014 at 07:33
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #4
Should be the same basic settings as your bx if it was an xu engine.

need a part number? get on here - http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 15th May 2014 at 08:14
RallyeP6

Regular

Post #5
Thanks Guys, yes will try DTA first then, every time i wrote to them i always got a reply the same day from Allan, (actually didn't think about that). My Bx GTi was a turbocharged XU9, so the mapping is not the same. Torque Developments then, not too far and won't burn to much fuel getting there either. I'd initially set it up to run rich, so as not to do any internal damage, so it doesn't pink.
Posted 15th May 2014 at 11:12
demondriverdan

Seasoned Pro

Post #6
I'd definitely recommend them. Speak to Shaun and tell him Dan with the 306 Rallye race car sent you, he'll sort you out.

Rallye Race Car
Posted 15th May 2014 at 11:26
allanallen

Seasoned Pro

Post #7
RallyeP6 wrote:
Thanks Guys, yes will try DTA first then, every time i wrote to them i always got a reply the same day from Allan, (actually didn't think about that). My Bx GTi was a turbocharged XU9, so the mapping is not the same. Torque Developments then, not too far and won't burn to much fuel getting there either. I'd initially set it up to run rich, so as not to do any internal damage, so it doesn't pink.

Your bx probably used the same flywheel mounted trigger wheel though?

www.bridgecraftmotorsport.co.uk

Facebook
Posted 15th May 2014 at 11:46
RallyeP6

Regular

Post #8
No the old XU9 GTi engines had a distributor, so i bought a trigger wheel and mounted it to the crank pulley and bought a hall effect sensor from Demon Tweeks and made a bracket to fit it.
Posted 15th May 2014 at 12:59