displaying posts 1 to 6 of 6

Author Subject: HDI alternator or similar on a 6
devere

Senior User

Post #1
Has anyone here fitted an alternator from a 2.0 HDi on there 6 at all..? They are 150A alternators.

Or if not, at least know if it would fit? Ive been trying to look up dimensions of the mounts but its a bit hit and miss to find anything easily comparable.

If not the hdi alternator, then has anyone fitted a higher output alternator from any other model or vehicle for that matter?

I think from looking at what I have now, my alternator bracket is about 55mm? So the mount on the alternator needs to be that pretty much..
Posted 24th Apr 2014 at 20:47
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #2
the lugs are more like an S16 than the gti6, and there's a choice of 120 or 150 amp units.

need a part number? get on here - http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 24th Apr 2014 at 21:20
devere

Senior User

Post #3
Yeh I was looking good at the 150. Just wasn't so sure on lug spacing. When you say they are like the s16. Are they 2 separate lugs. 1 each side? Rather than the 6 alt which is a single tube like lug that sits between the bracket on the block? If that makes sense!

Just wanted to make sure I could make one for somehow before going to the expense of buying one and finding it doesn't fit!!
Posted 24th Apr 2014 at 21:49
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #4
yep just like that, I haven't tried one to see if they fit but I know the older XUD unit will fit my S16 bracket that I run on the gti6 engine in my ZX.

no breakers your way you could rummage in and get one cheap?

need a part number? get on here - http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 24th Apr 2014 at 22:13
devere

Senior User

Post #5
There is a local Peugeot man. But he appears out of a cave covered in fur and with a hand covered in gangrene.... nothing comes easy or cheap from him though!
Posted 24th Apr 2014 at 22:26
buzzbrightyear

Seasoned Pro

Post #6
Think there both the same size and fitment, when I got one from ecp ages ago I chose the higher output one, this got removed though to fit a smaller one to make more space for the bigger supercharger, I don't have a cult what's fitted down there now.

andrew315rawson@live.co.uk
Moonstone phase 7 gti6
My Project thread: http://www.306gti6.com/forum/showthread.php?id=119992&page=1
Posted 25th Apr 2014 at 23:56