displaying posts 1 to 4 of 4

Author Subject: Seat swap question
Tarmac terror

Regular

Post #1
Hi folks. Have a rip in the outer bolster on my Rallye drivers seat as well as a collapsed rear backrest. Finding it difficult to get a complete new replacement so I had an idea..

There is a S1 S16 in my local breakers which has a seat in excellent physical condition. Im toying with the idea of removing the trims from both and swapping them over (once I've had the rip repaired!)

Are the seats physically the same? They look pretty similar to me....

TT
Posted 11th Apr 2014 at 00:51
mik

Seasoned Pro

Post #2
S1 seats have deeper bolsters and I am unsure how this would affect the frames but the squab and covers are different. You could swap seat frames etc but you would be better with P2 or P3 non-airbag seats.

EDIT: don't know what the P1 vs P2/3 seat frame differences are apart from the bolster profile.

Cherry Rallye SOLD

Posted 12th Apr 2014 at 01:44
russbez

Seasoned Pro

Post #3
iirc i remember seeing phase 2/3 Xsi/Hdi seats which had very very similar seats to my Rallye
not so sure about s16 phase 1 though

fair bit of hassle if your going to re-trim lengths make sure its a good bolster foam you use Smile

TEAM HIGH BOOST SUPERCHARGED RALLYE

My Rallye project thread
Posted 11th Apr 2014 at 16:24
mik

Seasoned Pro

Post #4
I've got a P3 seat airbag leather interior and the squab profile is the same as the original seats in the Rallye - flatter/less pronounced bolsters than a P1.

Cherry Rallye SOLD

Posted 12th Apr 2014 at 01:42