displaying posts 1 to 6 of 6

Author Subject: Xsara phase 2 rack - track rod ends
raunchz

Regular

Post #1
Just a quick one before ordering the parts - I'm assuming I can just use gti6 rack track rod ends on a phase 2 xsara vts rack?

Or are the gti6 rack ends the same as the xsara vts ones so doesn't matter either way?
Posted 4th Apr 2014 at 20:09
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #2
yep, same part.

need a part number? get on here - http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 4th Apr 2014 at 20:19
raunchz

Regular

Post #3
welshpug! wrote:
yep, same part.

spot on - thanks. Is the inner track rod the same between to two as well?

From what I read one of the inner boots is different but would have though the actual inner track rods are the same between the gti6 and xsara vts racks?
Posted 4th Apr 2014 at 20:26
fast_eddie

Regular

Post #4
So in a nutshell for the xsara rack swap to the gti6:
The rod ends are the same.
The ram needs swapping from the gti6 rack to the xsara rack to prevent inner arch contact.

Are the boots different?
Does the UJ need replacing?
Are the hydraulic pipes an exact swap over?

Cheers
Posted 8th Apr 2014 at 22:57
mik

Seasoned Pro

Post #5
The P2 VTS rack needs the P2 VTS hydraulic hose ends and connector where they attach to the rack, as the fitment is different from the 306 ones. They slot into a plate that is secured on the rack with a M8 (IIRC) bolt, while the 306 ones have threaded ends that screw directly into the rack. The P2 Xsara hose ends can be attached to the rest of the 306 hoses via the flexible sections, it is pretty obvious when you look at it. I don't recall any other issues with it - I planned it all out with the help of service box but bottled it and gave it to a garage to install. I got a new OE nut and bolt where it attaches to the steering column for peace of mind.

It is a mod worth doing, I've got a P2 VTS rack in mine and it is great; really suits the car.

Cherry Rallye SOLD

Posted 9th Apr 2014 at 11:57
raunchz

Regular

Post #6
Looking forward to fitting mine - got all the phase 2 hoses too so can mix and match.
Posted 9th Apr 2014 at 19:48