displaying posts 26 to 40 of 40

Pages (2): 1 [2]

Author Subject: Anyone had a smash recently?
owain

Seasoned Pro

Post #26
AndyJ wrote:
Did younger a bike in the end, oWain?

I youngered a bike good and proper aNdy, youngered a Suzuki SV650S well good.

Membership expiring soon, get in contact on our new little forum project.
Posted 1st Apr 2014 at 09:37
AndyJ

Seasoned Pro

Post #27
Hmm, not sure what happened there. Maybe painting and typing should be done at separate times. Hmm

What year have you gone for? how you getting on with it?

For we are many.

PS£ ID: Monkey369

Posted 1st Apr 2014 at 09:51
RetroPug

Seasoned Pro

Post #28
pebbles167 wrote:

RetroPug wrote:

Still got it!
Did a lot of work to it over the christmas period, still got a few things on the to-do list but it is getting there.

Good to hear, keep checking back to your project thread but alas, no updates Sad

There will be again soon, lately all my time and energy has been devoted to creating & writing my final thesis and training for a boxing fight so little has been achieved lately other than LED sidelights and numberplate lights which don't really deserve their own update.

Once all this is out the way lots will happen again and I will update.

I hope you make a good recovery! If you're ever in the area you're always welcome to come and have a look at it. The car may end up making it to a meet/show or two this summer. Smile

61k miles Ph.1 Diablo '6 Project Thread
Posted 1st Apr 2014 at 12:28
owain

Seasoned Pro

Post #29
I've replied on the other thread so as not to hijack this one.

Posted 1st Apr 2014 at 15:56
pebbles167

Seasoned Pro

Post #30
owain wrote:
Damn, bad luck matey but glad you're okay. If it's any consolation, just reading this thread will make other people more aware when they're in a similar situation, by sharing you may have prevented other people from having the same off.

So what bike you buying next? Another XJR? Or something bigger? LOL

OWAIN! Wave How the devil? my life has been without witty cynicism for so long! Hope you're enjoying biking.

If I can ride a bike again I've short-listed 3 in Price range:

MV Augusta Brutale 675
Trimph Speed Tripple 1050
Suzuki Hayabusa (for cruising.. proper quick like Smoke)

If I can wont be for a few months yet though. I hope I can though, the accident was my fault and was just a small lapse of judgement on my behalf, I hope it doesn't put anyone off Sad

RetroPug wrote:
There will be again soon, lately all my time and energy has been devoted to creating & writing my final thesis and training for a boxing fight so little has been achieved lately other than LED sidelights and numberplate lights which don't really deserve their own update.

Once all this is out the way lots will happen again and I will update.

I hope you make a good recovery! If you're ever in the area you're always welcome to come and have a look at it. The car may end up making it to a meet/show or two this summer. Smile

Good stuff mate, with my new job Im all over the railway so If im in the area ill give you a shout and buy you a pint. Would definitely like to see her again too Smile

2005 Peugeot 206 GTI 180

2008 BMW K1200R
Posted 1st Apr 2014 at 16:38
RetroPug

Seasoned Pro

Post #31
pebbles167 wrote:

Good stuff mate, with my new job Im all over the railway so If im in the area ill give you a shout and buy you a pint. Would definitely like to see her again too Smile

Cool. Smile
I'm always either in Oxford or Warwickshire and you have my number.
Good luck in your new job, how much is the accident affecting work? Not too much I hope?

61k miles Ph.1 Diablo '6 Project Thread
Posted 1st Apr 2014 at 16:58
owain

Seasoned Pro

Post #32
pebbles167 wrote:
the accident was my fault and was just a small lapse of judgement on my behalf, I hope it doesn't put anyone off

For me, it's actually the opposite. I've watched probably thousands of videos of bike crashes, to try and see how I'd have avoided the accident - in almost all cases it's just a temporary lapse of judgement, you'll learn and move on. The worst ones are where there was simply no way of avoiding the accident, luckily those are in the massive minority. Even when I was out today I was following a truck and thought about your accident - made me realise there could indeed have easily been another vehicle in front I couldn't see.

Problem with the Busa is that I'm sure it's a fantastic bike, but everyone will think you're a bellend. It's like saying you have a Gixxer, but x10.

Either of the others would be awesome and will definitely get attention from the right people. Get it done.

Posted 1st Apr 2014 at 21:10
jamiek_uk2000

Seasoned Pro

Post #33
Pebbles famously binning another vehicle?

That sounds like a mental crash. Lucky there mate.

As for the wrist, I crashed into a tree on a motor cross bike over ten Yeats ago and my wrist has never recovered.

I got my bike test this summer, just no road bike for me. Just an enduro I can ride to tracks!

205 GTi Red - G939 RTU - Died!
306 GTi 6 Diablo - Being resurrected! Project Thread

Looking for:
VTS P1 Rack
PR1.2 16"
Posted 1st Apr 2014 at 21:25
pebbles167

Seasoned Pro

Post #34
RetroPug wrote:
Cool. Smile
I'm always either in Oxford or Warwickshire and you have my number.
Good luck in your new job, how much is the accident affecting work? Not too much I hope?

Ill give you a buzz when um in the area Smile oh and no work are being great thank god. Taking home over half my monthly wage which is fine.

owain wrote:

For me, it's actually the opposite. I've watched probably thousands of videos of bike crashes, to try and see how I'd have avoided the accident - in almost all cases it's just a temporary lapse of judgement, you'll learn and move on. The worst ones are where there was simply no way of avoiding the accident, luckily those are in the massive minority. Even when I was out today I was following a truck and thought about your accident - made me realise there could indeed have easily been another vehicle in front I couldn't see.

Problem with the Busa is that I'm sure it's a fantastic bike, but everyone will think you're a bellend. It's like saying you have a Gixxer, but x10.

Either of the others would be awesome and will definitely get attention from the right people. Get it done.

Glad that its had that effect on you, that was after all partly my intent Smile

Seriously, I know what everyone thinks of the busa, I did too, but if you ever get a chance I suggest you ride one. Excellent build quality, supreme comfort, great handling. The proper Bugatti Veyron of bikes IMO.. Minus the price!

Of course what I really want is one of these, but couldnt justify the price £16k I believe.. But that sound! Love

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=ppEtoLUGP0c#t=98

Ive got around £7k to spend at the moment and some or all of it will be going on a car for the time being... Boring!

jamiek_uk2000 wrote:
Pebbles famously binning another vehicle?

That sounds like a mental crash. Lucky there mate.

As for the wrist, I crashed into a tree on a motor cross bike over ten Yeats ago and my wrist has never recovered.

I got my bike test this summer, just no road bike for me. Just an enduro I can ride to tracks!

Yeam im lucky to still be here.. and PSST! keep it quiet but remember that evo I had? I crashed that too last year! Whistle

Will you be racing in enduro?

2005 Peugeot 206 GTI 180

2008 BMW K1200R
Posted 3rd Apr 2014 at 00:37
jamiek_uk2000

Seasoned Pro

Post #35
No I'm not good enough to race. Just a mess about on the weekends really. With my 306 track car as well I'll be bas**rd skint.

How you bin the evo?

I think you should just use public transport....

Looking for:
VTS P1 Rack
PR1.2 16"
Posted 4th Apr 2014 at 20:07
stan_306gti6 Forum Admin

Post #36
jamiek_uk2000 wrote:
I think you should just use public transport....

Based on the number of incidents you've had I'd have to agree...LOL

"Supercharged - 454.1bhp/317.5lb/ft"
Peugeot 306 GTi-6
2000 (X), Moonstone Love
Posted 4th Apr 2014 at 22:16
pebbles167

Seasoned Pro

Post #37
Last bus I went on reversed into something at the depot so I had to get off. Unbelievable story I know LOL

Intermittent trouble of some sort caused SEVERE turbo lag in the EVO, ended up in a novice four wheel drift straight into the kerb....

When I said "crashed" I meant some bears crahsed my party. This large scale Grizzly Bear attack caused severe damage to most of my property, the EVO was amongst the wreckage Thumbs down

Come to think of it, it couldnt have been a van I crashed into on my bike, vans dont have fur! Obviously not my fault.

Sodding Bears! Angry

2005 Peugeot 206 GTI 180

2008 BMW K1200R
Posted 5th Apr 2014 at 03:03
owain

Seasoned Pro

Post #38
You gotta watch them bears man, they made me forget to renew the tax on my car one year. Another time they caused me to only get my self assessment tax return in at the last minute.

That BMW sounds awesome, is that the six cylinder one? Just put it on finance, it's the only way.

Posted 8th Apr 2014 at 09:07
axnxdxy

Regular

Post #39
Please let me buy that lovely white Rallye instead...! Razz
Posted 8th Apr 2014 at 18:44
jamiek_uk2000

Seasoned Pro

Post #40
Put it on finance and take out gap insurance. You'll get the full price from new when you bin that then Wink

Looking for:
VTS P1 Rack
PR1.2 16"
Posted 8th Apr 2014 at 20:01

Pages (2): 1 [2]