displaying posts 1 to 8 of 8

Author Subject: New cat - where to buy
demondriverdan

Seasoned Pro

Post #1
Road car has failed its emissions test again as we only fitted a £60 ECP special last year so unsuprisingly it is failing this year.

Where's the best place to get a new cat? I'm not paying Peugeot prices but can't seem to find a good alternative? I'm looking at up to £150 really.

Rallye Race Car
Posted 24th Mar 2014 at 13:28
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #2
find a performance exhaust centre, they should be able to replace the cat unit, not sure what they would charge though.

your best bet is to start with a good used o.e.m unit, the pipework on most aftermarket is significantly smaller, they also last much longer so chances of finding a decent one is likely even if the exit pipe is rotten.

need a part number? get on here - http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 24th Mar 2014 at 13:54
demondriverdan

Seasoned Pro

Post #3
The garage that did the MOT (I trust these guys) can get me a type approved cat which should last a good few years for about £120 but it's got to come in from Belgium. Might just get one of those and wait, MOT doesn't run out until April so got a few days left.

Rallye Race Car
Posted 24th Mar 2014 at 14:53
doof

Regular

Post #4
I bought an Evo6 CAT for my SC6 on ebay for £30 and got it welded in with a decat for another £60 or something. Shouldn't be restrictive and it passed the MOT last week.
Posted 24th Mar 2014 at 15:31
mik

Seasoned Pro

Post #5
I went through this last year when the exit pipe split on mine. Coskev recommended Magnaflow, available on ebay for good prices. They come from the US and the reviews on US forums seem positive. He had one on his Rallye. A couple of people on here seem satisfied with Hoffman sports cats, if you do a search there are a couple of threads about them but they are more expensive.

In the end, mine was OK apart from the split pipe so I got Daveyboy to weld a new pipe on the back and it is all good now. The people at the garage I used said much the same as Welshpug; that OE cats - even used ones - will be better than aftermarket as they are more solidly constructed and have more of the catalytic metals in them.

Cherry Rallye SOLD

Posted 24th Mar 2014 at 17:57
demondriverdan

Seasoned Pro

Post #6
I've gone with the one from the garage. I have a spare cat on the race car that will be coming off at some point so if there are any problems down the line then I can use that.

Rallye Race Car
Posted 24th Mar 2014 at 18:17
SmartyC

Regular

Post #7
demondriverdan wrote:
I've gone with the one from the garage. I have a spare cat on the race car that will be coming off at some point so if there are any problems down the line then I can use that.

Any performance issues, or is it OK? Cheers!

Smarty

My lil toy:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/martincurtisphotography/sets/72157640014140786/
Posted 17th Sep 2014 at 17:32
demondriverdan

Seasoned Pro

Post #8
Still working ok, had no problems so far.

Rallye Race Car
Posted 17th Sep 2014 at 17:37