displaying posts 1 to 10 of 10

Author Subject: Questions: Aftermarket ECU, Mutiple Maps
rallyestyle

Seasoned Pro

Post #1
Afternoon all,

Has anyone run multiple maps on their aftermarket ECU's?

How do you switch between maps if so?

Thanks,

Tom

Just Drive It
Posted 5th Mar 2014 at 16:01
jorg

Senior User

Post #2
the DTA S60 i have can run two maps but i haven't bothered to wire it in. as far as i can remember you just feed the wire to an on/off switch so you can toggle between maps.

306 2.1 S16 Tarmac Rally Car
Project thread: http://www.306gti6.com/forum/showthread.php?id=143956
Posted 5th Mar 2014 at 16:05
rallyestyle

Seasoned Pro

Post #3
jorg wrote:
the DTA S60 i have can run two maps but i haven't bothered to wire it in. as far as i can remember you just feed the wire to an on/off switch so you can toggle between maps.

Was hoping it might be something as simple as that Yes Havent considered the benefits of such a setup in particular but i assume it would work in a similar way to sports/race settings in plush supercars Unsure

Just Drive It
Posted 5th Mar 2014 at 16:16
webster

Seasoned Pro

Post #4
Start reading some other forums, ability to switch maps is pretty standard these days..

Or buy a newer car Smile

cress87 wrote:
I'm stopped for speeding on a daily basis but now the police are aware that I live for the 306 they dare not interfere, just sit in their cars quaking as I drive past.
Posted 5th Mar 2014 at 17:09
rallyestyle

Seasoned Pro

Post #5
webster wrote:
Start reading some other forums, ability to switch maps is pretty standard these days..

Or buy a newer car Smile

There are other forums? Crazy Unsure Its not April yet buddy, not falling for that one Roll eyes

A 15 year old car is perfect for me, far more character than anything new Smug

Just Drive It
Posted 5th Mar 2014 at 17:34
eliotrw

Seasoned Pro

Post #6
rallyestyle wrote:
webster wrote:

Or buy a newer car Smile

There are other forums? Crazy Unsure Its not April yet buddy, not falling for that one Roll eyes

Amen brother.

Ex- Phase 3 China GTi-6 T-Reg
Posted 5th Mar 2014 at 17:54
webster

Seasoned Pro

Post #7
rallyestyle wrote:
webster wrote:

Or buy a newer car Smile

LOL

cress87 wrote:
I'm stopped for speeding on a daily basis but now the police are aware that I live for the 306 they dare not interfere, just sit in their cars quaking as I drive past.
Posted 5th Mar 2014 at 17:55
pete_rallye

Seasoned Pro

Post #8
Yep, DTA ecus can store 2 maps, the Emerald ecus can store 3 maps that you can alter using a 3 way switch. Depends if you're talking mid-drive changes or 'hmm, its wet today' changes, as you can store as many maps as you like on a laptop and load them into the ecu in a matter of minutes. Nice to have but in reality I'm not sure I would use it that much. Only people I know that use more than 1 map have massive turbos!

Oulton Park in a BTCC 306 vid 1
Oulton Park in a BTCC 306 vid 2
Lap of the 'ring
Posted 5th Mar 2014 at 20:57
Niall

Seasoned Pro

Post #9
The Emerald K6 can switch between 3 maps with ought having to turn the car off. Its just 3 buttons on the dash and it will instantly swap which the DTA can't do i don't think. I think you have to turn the car off and back on.
Tbh i can't see the reason for running more than one on a road car. If your mapper is good, he will do a good job of the map at all sites unlike some which run like a bag of s**t under casual driving conditions but do go well when you floor it.
Posted 5th Mar 2014 at 22:03
rallyestyle

Seasoned Pro

Post #10
Thanks guys Thumbs up

Just something im looking into right now, not guaranteed i will go down that route. If its not really going to be beneficial in any way then it's unlikley i will follow it up, no plans for a massive turbo just yet anyway Pete LOL

Just Drive It
Posted 6th Mar 2014 at 09:08