displaying posts 1 to 5 of 5

Author Subject: syncro costs
pugheaven

Seasoned Pro

Post #1
Hi all this is purely out of boredom and something I will need to know when I get back to the uk, as im having the uprated gear set off ash I would like to rebuild the box with all new parts.

does anyone know how much each syncro costs?

What else could I change whilst the box is in parts?

part numbers and prices would be good too Thumbs up
Posted 4th Mar 2014 at 17:48
superchargedblack1997gti6

Seasoned Pro

Post #2
I can give you the quote that miles gave me I think it's approx £650 for all synchros and bearings plus labour? I hope that helps mate

Super high boost Completed, destroyer of gearboxes and 160mph club
Posted 4th Mar 2014 at 17:01
pugheaven

Seasoned Pro

Post #3
Thanks ross, are you thinking about getting everything changed as well then? Do you know who you are using to rebuild the box yet?
Posted 4th Mar 2014 at 17:49
superchargedblack1997gti6

Seasoned Pro

Post #4
I think I will get Lynx to do it as I've got 1 box down there already and I want the boxes painted the same colour as the block. Did you get the inlet manifold rubbed down before it was sprayed? As it's anodized
Cheers hope all swell out there mate

Super high boost Completed, destroyer of gearboxes and 160mph club
Posted 4th Mar 2014 at 17:59
pugheaven

Seasoned Pro

Post #5
The inlet was rubbed down and then used an acid etch before colour and lacquered, rich did say it probably wouldnt need the acid etch due to the anodizing but as we had it all in the oven at the same it was silly not to do it!
iv already started to clean my spare box up so I can paint it silver as most of it will be on show, I was even thinking about getting it chemically cleaned at work and then get it powder coated the same silver as the sump
Posted 4th Mar 2014 at 18:06