displaying posts 1 to 10 of 10

Author Subject: Gearshift selection Bar, Should there be a bush?
DanRM

Regular

Post #1
I have a problem with with the gear stick moving too much once in gear, it can move about 1cm once in gear in all gears. I've got some genuine linkages on order from Pug, but I was looking under there again today and noticed that I can easily move the selection bar a fair way, and looks like its coming from the circular bit on the gearbox side of the rod. And I'm pretty sure there was something going through it A rod of some sort? but can't remember and the diagram on service box doesn't seem to show anything. My question is should there be a bush or anything on that end of the selection rod?
Posted 2nd Mar 2014 at 20:36
Cjwatson27

Seasoned Pro

Post #2
Is it the lower small rod has come off , it's recently happened to mine sound similar to what your describing , it goes from the end of the selector rod i think ive had to put mine on 3 times now, hopefully my up rated ones will be here this week .

Old pugs don't die they just get faster
Posted 2nd Mar 2014 at 20:43
DanRM

Regular

Post #3
The rods are still in place at the moment, and selecting gear isn't a problem its just the play and wobble once in gear
Posted 2nd Mar 2014 at 20:47
Cjwatson27

Seasoned Pro

Post #4
Dunno Hmm don't know then

Old pugs don't die they just get faster
Posted 2nd Mar 2014 at 21:28
Mikedsp

Post #5
Hi,
just completed track day today and had similar problem develop. Gear lever side to side movement is OK ish, but in any gear gearstick will move back/forward 10 cm. Box appears to be fine in any gear once selected.

Haven't looked yet and I guess this is a linkage problem. Any suggestion for a fix v. welcome, and who is the best source for replacement parts please?

Thanks,
Mike dsp
Posted 30th May 2015 at 17:53
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Post #6
Check the main Nylon ball hasn't come of of the arm which screws on top of the subframe it's difficult to see the ball as it's inside the main sector bar that comes from your gear lever through the tunnel !!!

When it's in gear the gear lever can move loads without changing gear Thumbs up

If you grab the 1inch selector bar down the side of the engine / gearbox side & wiggle it & it moves loads ...that's the culprit !!!!
The Arm with the ball screws to a raised post on top of the subframe ....

You can still select gear OK but travel forward & backwards feels much longer Thumbs up
Happened to me & mine was a (new) Gen Peugeot part Thumbs down

Blk nylon ball top left hand of picture on boomerang may have fallen off ?????

Day666 has attached the following image:

Posted 30th May 2015 at 19:25
Mikedsp

Post #7
Good pic! will do.
Many Thanks
Mikedsp
Posted 30th May 2015 at 21:36
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Post #8
Mikedsp wrote:
Good pic! will do.
Many Thanks
Mikedsp

No Probs let me know !!!
Don't buy new .....mine was Gen New & lasted 12months......contact Colin at Pug Performance Thumbs up
Posted 31st May 2015 at 10:52
Mikedsp

Post #9
Hi again,

Analysis 10/10 - the "ball joint" bit on the end of the link was missing - must have fallen off just as I went on to the circuit.
Lucky I guess that could still get gears although eventually canned it after realising the possibilities of going from 7000 in 4th to 3rd instead of 5th.
Will talk to Pug Performance,
Cheers,
Mikedsp
Posted 31st May 2015 at 15:03
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Post #10
Mikedsp wrote:
Hi again,

Analysis 10/10 - the "ball joint" bit on the end of the link was missing - must have fallen off just as I went on to the circuit.
Lucky I guess that could still get gears although eventually canned it after realising the possibilities of going from 7000 in 4th to 3rd instead of 5th.
Will talk to Pug Performance,
Cheers,
Mikedsp

Glad to help Thumbs up ...Colin should have one ...I think he has everything Crazy
Posted 31st May 2015 at 20:34