displaying posts 1 to 3 of 3

Author Subject: Civic CDTI SE help...
soton_s16

Senior User

Post #1
I have just purchased a 2004 Civic 1.7 CDTI SE for my wife, and it has now got a fault.

Basically, after a long drive, it then is a nightmare to re start, and it just keeps stalling, and the glow plug warning light stays on.

I have taken it to a local garage (I bought it from a longer drive a way), and they couldn't find anything wrong when they ran a diagnostics check. However, from what I have read on the internet, it could be a temp sensor.

Also, for some reason, the drivers side window doesn't auto-close, which is weird...

Before I take it back to where I bought it, can anyone give me a clue of what it could be?

Thank you Smile

For all your Peugeot needs PugRacing.com
Gti S16 199bhp 164 ft lbs torques!
Posted 1st Mar 2014 at 14:35
mabgti

NV motors

Post #2
Temp sensor is most common.

Get it checked by someone who knows how to fault find.

Team Supercharged Gti-6

NV Motorsport
Automotive Performance Tuning
0121 448 7515
ECU Remapping/ DPF removal
VAG/BMW Diag and Option Coding
Peugeot Planet ECU coding/transponder programming etc
www.nvmotorsport.com
Facebook Page
Project S6
Posted 1st Mar 2014 at 16:20
GTi6-PJL

Regular

Post #3
Regarding the auto close, it could be the sensor has been tripped in the past and needs resetting.

Pilfered from another forum (assuming it's facelift Civic):

Drivers Window auto-function doesn’t work:
On the facelift version the drivers window has an auto-function in both the upward and downward direction. This function will stop working if you disconnect the battery for any reason. To reset it close the window then open it again and hold the button in the open position for 5 seconds.

Hopefully that helps!

2000 W Phase 3 Moonstone.
Posted 1st Mar 2014 at 16:58