displaying posts 1 to 4 of 4

Author Subject: fallen out of love
grumpychef

The Rib Man

Post #1
foocked off my the damned car! since having major work done; cambelt, then clutch, radiator, head gasket, service and mot plus front suspension bits i've hardly driven it! it's been in the garage going mouldy! took it out the other day for some new rear boots and to have it tracked after front suspension works only to find the rear beam is shagged and so shagged they wouldn't even try to align anything up!
ive pmd jord to ask about a rear beam but i've just about had enough with the bloody car!

I have not been on the forum for a while as my membership ran out but its good to see the same old shenanigans are going on!

Formally team BLAZE now Team bianca recuperating from multiple organ failure nicely!
items replaced so far, clutch, cambelt etc, radiator, exhaust, most of front running gear, wish bones, drop links, ball joints, track rod ends, bearings, brakes, calipers, discs, and pads, brake lines, front springs, brake balance compensator thingy, hand brake cable, throttle cable (twice), coil pack, door handle, windscreen, wipers, head lamps several sensors and bulbs Dry .rear beam new throttle cable, new battery. .......... yeah man, team money pit! but shes still rollin!

Posted 19th Feb 2014 at 17:17
honestly3k

Seasoned Pro

Post #2
You haven't had the best of luck granted, but if you decide to get the beam done, honestly what else is there to go wrong? Maybe heater matrix, that's it Big grin

You'd have a well sorted 6, keep going Smile

''Oh, it does handle like a golf!'' Why drive a Golf....when you can drive a GTi-6?
Posted 19th Feb 2014 at 17:36
bigbadbowen

Seasoned Pro

Post #3
I'm after a white 6 Whistle
Posted 19th Feb 2014 at 17:37
grumpychef

The Rib Man

Post #4
bigbadbowen wrote:
I'm after a white 6 Whistle

you wouldn't want mine, ive punished it over the years this is why it's paying me back now. i bought it off sussitout some years ago now and it's been good to me! it's a simple matter of age and wear and tear i have not driven it with much mechanical sympathy over the years and it's been a good daily driver if not a tad expensive on fuel! i will get the rear beam done no other option really! i would nevert see the money ive put into back if i tried to sell it and im not fussed about it cosmetically either so it's looking its age! when i dragged it out of the garage the other day a freaking stalagtite was growing off the bonnet! (clearly the garage roof leaks) so it's in need of some cosmetic tlc too! but yeah once the beam is done she will be up together i think ill view the heater matrix like macbeth and just try not to say that word!

Formally team BLAZE now Team bianca recuperating from multiple organ failure nicely!
items replaced so far, clutch, cambelt etc, radiator, exhaust, most of front running gear, wish bones, drop links, ball joints, track rod ends, bearings, brakes, calipers, discs, and pads, brake lines, front springs, brake balance compensator thingy, hand brake cable, throttle cable (twice), coil pack, door handle, windscreen, wipers, head lamps several sensors and bulbs Dry .rear beam new throttle cable, new battery. .......... yeah man, team money pit! but shes still rollin!

Posted 19th Feb 2014 at 17:47