Pages (2): 1 [2]

Author Subject: test drove a new seat leon fr 150
Niall

Seasoned Pro

Post #26
eliotrw wrote:
Dunno, sounds pretty upgraded to me....

FRom Peugeot site

This new ‘EP6CDTR’ engine benefits from extensive development, numerous parts have been modified or entirely redeveloped to obtain this performance and be capable of sporty use with the durability of a production engine.

The engine block itself is reinforced by means of a special heat treatment before machining to improve its durability.

The Twin Scroll turbo has been developed specifically to benefit from dimensions which are ideal for this application and this level of performance. Combined with a steel exhaust manifold of innovative structure inspired by racing, it permits the operating temperatures to be kept higher.

The new pistons, providing a compression ratio of 9.2, developed with MAHLE Motorsport, are of a forged structure and use a grade of aluminium used in Formula 1, and cooled by 2 jets.

The conn rods have also been modified to withstand use at high engine speeds. Their big end shells with polymer coating can withstand the highest cylinder pressures. Patented and presented in 2011 by MAHLE, they are applied in production as a world first on the RCZ R.

Yeah the RCZ R is the first car pug have released with this engine but the 208R is apparently a sure thing to be coming out soon so i can't see it being any different to this one.
Posted 19th Feb 2014 at 17:59
sixysix

Seasoned Pro

Post #27
Never driven the 150 in petrol or diesel so can't comment.
I have the FR SC 184 and that has bundles of torque 380nm iirc.
Thing takes off really well when needed and I am very pleased so far Smile

It does not handle quite as well as a 6 but it can be pushed round bends very easily.
Like all newer cars, not so much feedback through the wheel which I miss but its not completely detached.

I think it's a good compromise between a good comfortable mile muncher and something you can throw round bends when you want to have a play, so for me a good all rounder which is why I chose it over many others.

Already considering a DTUK tuning box which will push the torque up to 500mn and around 235ps.

The 265 & 280 Cupra's have just landed as well and spec looks pretty good apart from the lack of 4wd.

My Pugrun 2007/2009 video clips
Take a look

Pugrun 2007...Lose yourself Laugh

Xbox Live ID: Marksixysix (Forza 3, Forza 4 PES 2010, COD 6/MW2, WRC 2010).

PSN ID: MarkSixysix ( DiRT 3 GT5, NFS:Hot pursuit).

P1 Diablo red 6 gone but not forgotten Sad
Posted 24th Feb 2014 at 21:01

Pages (2): 1 [2]