displaying posts 1 to 2 of 2

Author Subject: New pressure regulator
osm2121

Regular

Post #1
Hi folks, im repairing my starter motor, so i had to remove the intake manifold, and since I was already taking things out, i took all of it out for some cleaning and conditioning. The fuel rail also needs to be painted, so i took out the pressure regulator, and the litlle filter element it has below is broken, so i need a new one.
Now my question is:
As i read somewhere on the forum, someone said the Xsara II Press Reg is 3.5 bar (code: 198532 on the citroen servicebox), if it actually is 3.5 bar, would it improve in anyway a std engine? Would it be exactly the same, or same "performance" but more consuptmion?
Is it worth trying it? For some reason Citroen changed from 3 bar to 3.5 bar in that engine, right? And I have to buy a new one anyway
Thanks
Posted 16th Feb 2014 at 21:12
stan_306gti6 Forum Admin

Post #2
Very unlikely to change anything for the better. Some people over here fit adjustable fuel pressure regulators and turn them up to around 3.5bar. However, those same people also remove them after a while.
Not worth it I'd say - get a standard replacement. Yes

"Supercharged - 454.1bhp/317.5lb/ft"
Peugeot 306 GTi-6
2000 (X), Moonstone Love
Posted 16th Feb 2014 at 21:46