Seasoned Pro

Post #226

cherry rallye daily (the money pit)
Posted 22nd Mar 2015 at 18:22
chiefton

Seasoned Pro

Post #227
Small update...

So had a full service and found my drivers engine mount captive nut is hanging out again,got a spare mount so will swap that soon.

Got a new black omp upper brace on,looking good.....

looks much better than the red one.

Also tired of getting arm ache and fancied an arm rest. Got a universal one from ebay which iv bolted on to the where the change cup goes. Looks good and fairly oe,bloody comfy to....

O
And should have the s16 seats armz16 has,he is very kindly delivering them to me,my bolster on driver seat is bent some how!?

So will be well comfy inside now.

Also had new rear pads and a pair of calipers on the rear as the nearside was binding like mad,also made a new copper pipe from flexi to caliper as had seized into calipers

Posted 20th May 2015 at 23:05
chiefton

Seasoned Pro

Post #228
Lil piccy

Posted 21st May 2015 at 15:41
rallyestyle

Seasoned Pro

Post #229
Arm rest in a Rallye... Unsure Razz

Just Drive It
Posted 21st May 2015 at 22:05
chiefton

Seasoned Pro

Post #230
Dont be jealous dude you know you want an arm rest Cool lol i do a lot of miles tho and its good in traffic with the short shift being fairly low Smile

Posted 21st May 2015 at 22:27
chiefton

Seasoned Pro

Post #231
small update,

car has been going well no problems at all,had a funny turn and thought about selling up as wanted something different........but decided against after a bloody good drive in her (love it lol)
I can't part with her,means to much to me.

have just ordered some new bilstein b4's can't afford b8's atm Sad
and some 50mm lowering springs so ride height stays same on the front.

got few bits I need to do.

1. have small coolant leak on short hose that comes off back of star housing onto metal pipe.

2. fit 16mm ns knuckle as have 18mm on atm, and new 16mm balljoint also.

3. fit new pair of braided rear brake lines

4. new cat fitment kit as slightly blowing again lol

5.bloody good Polish

5.repair os engine mount again. needs new mount.

to name a few couple of other bits needed also.

Posted 15th Jun 2015 at 11:20
chiefton

Seasoned Pro

Post #232
Right so had rallye on the ramp today,

Fitted new manifold-cat sealing cone. Now all good but found a split in my cat and also centre silencer on the magnex Sad no boggy will get them both welded up by my buddy!!

Fitted a new pair of rear braided brake lines I had and bled through,gog new calipers so no issues with bleed nippers this time!!

Got a gearbox oil leak?? Had a new driveshaft seal when I did the clutch but maybe is fitted wrong,if not may be the speedo drive housing,is there meant to be a gasket between that and the box or just sealant??
And spot whats missing.......

Correct my ramair filter,looks to have broken off as still bit of it clamped there,
Someone was flashing g me the other day and thought I heard something hit the underneath of the motor.....must of been that ey lol, luckily ross has a replacement at his house,I'm going to collecte now!!!

Posted 24th Jun 2015 at 16:59
RetroPug

Seasoned Pro

Post #233
Oh wow! Not seen that happen before!

Didn't the induction noise change much?

61k miles Ph.1 Diablo '6 Project Thread
Posted 24th Jun 2015 at 17:12
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #234
looks like an el-cheapo seal pushed in a touch too far.

the speedo housing itself has an o-ring between it and the diff casing.

need a part number? get on here - http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 24th Jun 2015 at 18:46
chiefton

Seasoned Pro

Post #235
No I wouldn't say it changed much was pretty loud with the cone on, got an enclosed bmc style one from ross but it's to quiet lol does seem to pull a little better tho got a good cold air feed into it!!

Welshpug: was a genuine pug seal I got from pug ,it's flush with edge of housing same as the one it replaced (same postion), should it be in a little further??

Il get another ordered and give it another go. Least there is always stuff to keep you busy on these old girls!!!

Posted 24th Jun 2015 at 18:54
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #236
no, the seal should protrude a little, to the height of the three standoffs.

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 24th Jun 2015 at 19:12
chiefton

Seasoned Pro

Post #237
Ah ok well the one I removed was flush also which explains why it was leaking them I guess! I shall get another and replace. Thanks

Posted 25th Jun 2015 at 08:59
chiefton

Seasoned Pro

Post #238
Well got my coilovers off and gone back to b4's and 50mm lowering springs. Must say the ride is alot more comfy now,and still seems to be roughly the same height.

Was worried would sit to high,but only had -30mm springs last time.
Had her cleaned by the hand car wash people (lazy I know but to hot for washing atm lol)

So am happy with her once more,

Got a water leak from the hose that comes off the back off where water pump is,them goes to the metal pipe goes across back of the block.

leaking both ends are the rubber hoses still available does anyone know??

Posted 26th Jun 2015 at 12:25
chiefton

Seasoned Pro

Post #239
got my cat welded up so all good now not blowing, also got a standard exhaust fitted at the more, bloody he'll it's quiet,I must be getting old now as starting to like it haha,also plus side can really hear the old induction roar now Smile missed that as didn't here much with the magnex on.

just got a 1993 e30 touring that iv bought to do up and get an old m20b 25 engine to put in it, done couple of bits to it already and just sorting rooflining sagging, cleaning 20 odd years of grime aswell as other bits.

I just will maintain the rallye for now as it's a a reasonable standard and clean now so spending cash on the touring!!

couple of piccys......

Posted 26th Jul 2015 at 13:16
chiefton

Seasoned Pro

Post #240
well think the rallye may be off the road for winter this year as I have the e30 to smoke about in during the nasty winter months.

got some driveshaft oil seals to fit and need to raise the back,ripping the complete exhaust system from the manifold on my mates unfinished driveway was the last straw lol.
it literally pulled the little inserts that hold the bolts straight through the manifold. luckily no damage done and 1 new cat fitting kit later and she's back on the road.....exhaust fits better this time so must of done a better job haha

also had some free time after work so sorted the water leak from the metal water pipe runs across the back of the block,seemed to be leaking from all hose that joined it,so was promptly removed,cleaned and refitted with jubilee clips as think the old ones were not gripping tight enough,this leaking water.

so all bled up again now with fresh coolant/water mix.
had a small leak from a bung on thermostat housing so removed and put ptfe tape round the thread.

but yeah thinking may take of the road for winter,defo need to raise the back up now,gonna raise by 30mm if I can or around that figure anyway.

been offered a 328 bmw and some cash for the rallye. think the 2.8 would go well in my e30,but I do really love the rallye so not sure atm!!!

Posted 29th Aug 2015 at 14:38
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #241
keep it on the road, it'll be better in snow than the BMW :p

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 29th Aug 2015 at 15:28
chiefton

Seasoned Pro

Post #242
bmw is only 1.6 atm probably wouldn't even go sideways in the snow haha,

also we never really get snow Round here tbh so but I do just enjoy driving the rallye and used it every other winter without trouble.
but i do want to drive the beemer for a bit,but it needs a m20b25 really!!

Posted 29th Aug 2015 at 16:53
chiefton

Seasoned Pro

Post #243
well took the metal water pipe off the back of the engine as was leaking from all the rubber hoses, spring loaded clips had worn on water pump end rubber hoses, and the short pipe goes to back of thermostat housing had a split.

took it all of cleaned and replace all clips with jubilee clips.
water leaked solved,had been bugging me for a short time so was happy.

and obviously cleaned all the mess it made,was everywhere lol

drove 5 miles to work Saturday,pulled up and steam was bellowing out from under bonnet......uh oh,thought pipe had cone off or similar but could he a bubbling sound,like pressure being released.

saw water pouring out from between cam carriers where the coilpack are,took the coilpack cover off and there's 2 core plugs and the left is leaking badly!!!!!
notice it set quite far down in head so thought it's head off the change,and it had headmaster set 2 years ago now,but rich_w said would be fine to just cleaning and put another core plug on top so may do that tbh,it's not the way I'd like to do it really but can't be with out atm.

Posted 6th Sep 2015 at 17:34
chiefton

Seasoned Pro

Post #244
luckily my beemer is almost ready

tho so I'll get the chance to do more fettling with it as won't have to put it back together to drive home haha

Posted 6th Sep 2015 at 18:06
chiefton

Seasoned Pro

Post #245
well she decided.to spring a fuel leak from.the fuel rail pipes....uh oh as I still had to take my missus and son 5 miles down the road to her mums then get my ass to work another 10miles so drove sheepishly to work hoping she wouldn't catch a blaze haha,

all sorted just bashed some fresh fuel hose on there and she all good again...yay.

and yes I know I'm trying to sell (very reluctantly!!!) but I still love tinkering with her!!!
had loads of amazing comment s about it through Facebook, people seem to be loving it which isn't helping cause as if I keep getting g told it's lush,amazing rallye,very very nice car etc etc il bloody keep it!!!! lol

Posted 10th Sep 2015 at 12:47
chiefton

Seasoned Pro

Post #246
I guess he heatproof paint I. used isn't resistant to.petrol tho lol stripped a bit. of paint of the cam cover Sad

Posted 10th Sep 2015 at 15:08
MisterGTR

Senior User

Post #247
I had the most amazing E30 325i when i was 20 which i wrote off driving in a straight line.....no LSD, flat change from 2nd to 3rd and the car spun like i was in Cannon Ball run because one wheel touched the white line. And i really wasn't expecting it. It was 8 years old when i got it with 35k on the clock. Black with cream interior. Best car i've ever had.

In hindsight - i was very lucky to have not killed myself or anyone because it was lethal on 14" in wheels with so much power (for those days) with not driver aids and i used to drive it fast everywhere! Stupidity of youth / inexperience. Good thing meant i was in a Clio for a while afterwards to get myself insurable and so couldn't get into too much trouble - apart from 3 points averaging 93 Mph on the M74!

Anyway love the beemer you've got. If i had to choose one, i would really struggle. But if it was a 6 cylinder beemer i think that would win out!

Keep them both! Life it short! Big grin

Turned 40 and in true cliched fashion buying one of the cars of my teenage dreams!
Posted 10th Sep 2015 at 16:27

Pages (10): first .. 8 9 [10]