displaying posts 1 to 5 of 5

Author Subject: central locking popping back up
3gan

Regular

Post #1
Hi all
Only had my gti-6 a couple of weeks currently being stripped for track fun
Its a phase 3 on a V plate
My problem at present is the central locking pops back up as soon as you try and lock via keyfob or key
Need to get an alarm installed but can't ask the guy to do this with an electrical fault
I have read up on this and although I almost understand what the problem could be I wonder if anyone is aware of any procedures I can try to fault find eg; either broken wire in the drivers door hung area or faulty solenoid etc
Can you disconnect say the passenger door wiring to the solenoid and see if the central locking works to eliminate the passenger door electrics or is this all part of a circuit

Your help is very much appreciated
lee
Posted 22nd Jan 2014 at 00:02
3gan

Regular

Post #2
Checked wiring and did continuity test tonight and there seems to be no broken wires in the door to body area
No central locking module found under back seat or under any seats or carpets can anyone help please
Posted 23rd Jan 2014 at 23:12
6waysforward

Seasoned Pro

Post #3
The central locking module on a ph3 car is in the dash in front of the gearstick just below the hazard light switch.
You need to remove the center console and under the dash will be 3 t20 screws. Its a pig to get out and you would be better taking out the central fasia which houses the stereo as well as the console.

As for the door wiring, mine used to unlock its self but only every now and then. Doing a continuity test on the door wires will only show a fault when its playing up.

I had slight corrosion on the pins of the door loom so i wire brushed them and caked them in wd40 and it seemed to cure it.

Normally when central locking pops back up it means the car thinks a door is not shut properly or there is a wiring fault.

Also check and make sure that the door lock pins have a clear path to glide up and down as this also causes it to unlock.

Easy way to do this is to remove the door cards and loosely hold the pins while you lock it. I have removed my door lock pins for this reason and security.

Hope this helps.

***Breaking*** Ph3 Silver GTI 6 High Boost Superman

Posted 25th Jan 2014 at 10:20
3gan

Regular

Post #4
many thanks for the info
the problem is not now and then it's a constant so
definitely a broken wire
the door pins float about at present as the door cards
have been removed for good
I hope I find the wire at fault later in today :-)
Posted 25th Jan 2014 at 10:55
3gan

Regular

Post #5
Fixed
Passenger side solenoid/lock mechanism
Feels good to have it fixed and win!
Posted 25th Jan 2014 at 21:07