displaying posts 1 to 7 of 7

Author Subject: Throttle body fitting
RallyeP6

Regular

Post #1
Hello all, have been wanting to fit throttle bodies to my Gti6 since buying the car a few months ago. Just a few simple questions for those of you who have already done this.
Are there TB's that i can fit without having to relocate or remove the power steering pump.
Has anyone had experience with the ATpower direct to head TB's, would these clear the PS pump.
And as i have air cond fitted, would the radiator be to close to the trumpets/airbox once fitted. I know this would depend on the length of the trumpets. As i don't need the air cond, i could remove the condenser but does the Rallye radiator fit further forward under the slam panel. My Gti6 radiator looks to be too tall to fit any further forward.

Thanks.

Rouben.
Posted 16th Jan 2014 at 15:50
blandy

Seasoned Pro

Post #2
You can fit bodies with the aircon pump in place its the filter that causes a issue. On the standard jenvey body's you will want to relocate the powersteering pump to where the aircon is and then loose the aircon to run a proper filter and then it fits fine

If you use the longer satchel inlet then with the standard rad in place you will only be able to fit the smallest pipercross filter as its so close to the radiator. I had a custom smaller rad made to enable a decent size filter to fit
Posted 16th Jan 2014 at 15:58
blandy

Seasoned Pro

Post #3
Oh and rallye and gti6 rads are all the same its only the extra aircon bits that are on the gti
Posted 16th Jan 2014 at 15:59
p-silva21

Regular

Post #4
Don´t know much about ITB´s but this guy is using a bigger filter and still have the PAS pump in standard place

http://www.kismo.dk/Previous%20cars/Peugeot/Peogeot306%20(3).jpg

http://www.kismo.dk/Previous%20cars/Peugeot/Peogeot306%20(4).jpg

And I think its a jenvey setup..
Posted 16th Jan 2014 at 16:11
p-silva21

Regular

Post #5
yup, jenvey 48mm TB and 90mm trumpets
Posted 16th Jan 2014 at 16:13
devere

Senior User

Post #6
I didn't find any need to move the power steering pump either with my jenveys a big air box..

Posted 16th Jan 2014 at 20:33
RallyeP6

Regular

Post #7
Ahh, lots of information and pictures, thanks very much for the replies. So by the looks of it, the throttle bodies themselves should clear the pump, its just the air box which may cause a fitting issue. Which could mean that the direct to head bodies would be an easier fit.
Ok will keep my eye out for any more TB's that come up for sale on the forum now.
Posted 16th Jan 2014 at 23:30