displaying posts 51 to 59 of 59

Pages (3): 1 2 [3]

Author Subject: average low boost RR result
ryangti6

Seasoned Pro

Post #51
All the highboosts still have the throttle body before the charger so they can run standard ecu, It's only the ones like stans that run on dta that have the tb after the charger.

The low boost I went in was like a normal 6 till 4k then a totally different car, having driven a 6 engined 205 and knowing how pokey they are even below 4k due to not much weight I think the characteristics of a charged one would be perfect for a road going car and don't see why they couldn't make a very good track car. You still have to drive them in exactly the same way as if they were na, I.e rev them hard so I don't think you lose the fun of working it like you do with turbo cars.

Ryan
Posted 13th Jan 2014 at 17:41
gman

Seasoned Pro

Post #52
doof wrote:
stan_306gti6 wrote:
gman wrote:
I was under the impression that the SC kit still has the same throttle response as the standard 6 engine, which is still very good.

You would be correct. Yes

I think this is only actually true if you have a high boost setup, Stan. The highboost setup retains the throttle response because the throttle is kept just next to the plenum. The low boost setup definitely loses throttle response because the throttle plate is several meters after the inlet plenum, hence some cars stalling etc. You learn to live with it but the response is definitely much slower.

Doof, do you have a charged 6 then?

This is a big issue for me, and so I would be grateful for any feedback on the throttle response of the LB setup.

1992 Onyx Black 205 GTI-6
2005 Honda S2000 (Sold)
2002 Audi S3 (Sold)
2005 Clio 182 Trophy (sold)
Posted 13th Jan 2014 at 20:35
rallyestyle

Seasoned Pro

Post #53
gman wrote:
doof wrote:
stan_306gti6 wrote:
gman wrote:
I was under the impression that the SC kit still has the same throttle response as the standard 6 engine, which is still very good.

I think this is only actually true if you have a high boost setup, Stan. The highboost setup retains the throttle response because the throttle is kept just next to the plenum. The low boost setup definitely loses throttle response because the throttle plate is several meters after the inlet plenum, hence some cars stalling etc. You learn to live with it but the response is definitely much slower.

This is a big issue for me, and so I would be grateful for any feedback on the throttle response of the LB setup.

For me it is no different No I however have never had any of the stalling issues some of the other guys get and i run HB pipework Yes

With regards to the power outputs my lb setup has produced a good readings when rolling roaded, between 260 and 270 all times. I would say the key to achieving a good result is a sensible intercooler system with as few bends as possible and a decent exhaust with a decat. If either of those are compromised you will be losing power Yes

Just Drive It
Posted 16th Jan 2014 at 11:32
gman

Seasoned Pro

Post #54
rallyestyle wrote:
gman wrote:
doof wrote:
stan_306gti6 wrote:
gman wrote:

For me it is no different No I however have never had any of the stalling issues some of the other guys get and i run HB pipework Yes

With regards to the power outputs my lb setup has produced a good readings when rolling roaded, between 260 and 270 all times. I would say the key to achieving a good result is a sensible intercooler system with as few bends as possible and a decent exhaust with a decat. If either of those are compromised you will be losing power Yes

That's good to know. Just need to find another LB kit as I have been let down on the one organisedSad

2005 Honda S2000 (Sold)
2002 Audi S3 (Sold)
Posted 16th Jan 2014 at 13:45
rallyestyle

Seasoned Pro

Post #55
gman wrote:
rallyestyle wrote:
gman wrote:
doof wrote:
stan_306gti6 wrote:
gman wrote:

That's good to know. Just need to find another LB kit as I have been let down on the one organisedSad

Ross is selling his including the charger for a great price:

http://www.306gti6.com/forum/showthread.php?id=158868

Essentially the same kit, you will just need a few bits that Rich can sort you out with Thumbs up

Just Drive It
Posted 16th Jan 2014 at 14:39
gman

Seasoned Pro

Post #56
Good price, but will still need to by pipework, intercooler, injectors, spark plugs, ecu. Trying to do it on a budget and that can't be done at that price.

2005 Honda S2000 (Sold)
2002 Audi S3 (Sold)
Posted 16th Jan 2014 at 15:11
v6saloon

Senior User

Post #57
gman wrote:
Good price, but will still need to by pipework, intercooler, injectors, spark plugs, ecu. Trying to do it on a budget and that can't be done at that price.

Gti180 can be done on a budget ;-)

205 mi16
405 Mi16x4 restoration project
406 v6 saloon track car project/daily driver
508 Hdi
Posted 16th Jan 2014 at 15:18
gman

Seasoned Pro

Post #58
v6saloon wrote:
gman wrote:

LOL but I've already got a 6 engine fitted, so won't be massively faster

2005 Honda S2000 (Sold)
2002 Audi S3 (Sold)
Posted 16th Jan 2014 at 16:03
v6saloon

Senior User

Post #59
gman wrote:
v6saloon wrote:
gman wrote:

LOL but I've already got a 6 engine fitted, so won't be massively faster

195bhp, more torque and a lot lighter, it is actually quite aot faster tbf mate

205 mi16
405 Mi16x4 restoration project
406 v6 saloon track car project/daily driver
508 Hdi
Posted 16th Jan 2014 at 17:36

Pages (3): 1 2 [3]