displaying posts 1 to 2 of 2

Author Subject: XSi Thermo housing on a 6
devere

Senior User

Post #1
Just wondered if any of you guys know if the thermostat housing. Basically the whole lump that bolts on to the side of the head will swap from a 1.8 16v xsi, onto the RS head?

I like the look of it, as it only has the one outlet, rather than 2 on the standard rs piece. I am doing away with my interior heater, and a few other bits, so this would be useful if it fitted.

The other thing is, has anyone fitted the rear water pipe, the metal one from the water pump area to the thermostat housing? Again, using the XSi water pipe onto the RS engine.. This curves straight up to the thermostat area, rather that wandering over the top of the box. I was hoping to use this also, so I can do some extra work on top of the gearbox...

ANy help appreciated. The XSi engine, I believe, is an XU7JP4.... but I am not 100%. I just know the car is a 1.8 16v phase 3 car.
Posted 7th Jan 2014 at 16:47
devere

Senior User

Post #2
Well ki solved this one myself, I whipped the housing off the spare car.

Just in case anyone finds it useful then yes it does fit. And with just one outlet at the rear, is a useful way of deleting the heater piping without looping any pipes.
Posted 8th Jan 2014 at 13:46