displaying posts 1 to 3 of 3

Author Subject: Headlight Motors
matt16v

Regular

Post #1
Hi all,

Put some Ph3 crystals on today and had to swap over the motors from the Ph2 lights and didnt think they went in right and my headlights are pointing at the floor. The wee ball on the motor hasn't gone into the clip on the inside of the headlights and I can't seem to get it on. Am I being thick? How does this work?

Thanks,
Matt

1999 Astor Grey GTi-6 OEM+
Posted 6th Jan 2014 at 23:54
thugpuggin

Seasoned Pro

Post #2
Put in on angle and you can here them click into place, then turn to lock on the headlight. If you put your hand on the underside of the light array pushing up it helps it click in easier as it's at a level where the ball can be accepted.

Black X Reg PIII.VGTi 6 A4212 pt 1 A4212 pt 2 Searching the streets of Bristol for 1.36p/day.

Joint Kent Leader

Posted 7th Jan 2014 at 00:09
matt16v

Regular

Post #3
Many thanks for that! Managed to do it in situe thankfully by pushing up the light array. So glad I did, the clips on those hockey sticks weren't looking great when I put it back on so they'd definitely break if I had to take it off again haha. Thanks again!

1999 Astor Grey GTi-6 OEM+
Posted 7th Jan 2014 at 07:50