displaying posts 1 to 7 of 7

Author Subject: Could this be a wheel bearing
Pug bazza

Regular

Post #1
Hello guys, got a problem with my 306 1.4 meridian phase 3 (not the GTi ) well, I recently realised as i was doing 40 mph, I felt the car pulling back, well Sunday I noticed a noise coming from the rear passenger side is I drove, it felt like something was scrapping on floor, also I felt a noise as I drove through the country lanes like a high screeching, so I got out and pulled the passenger rear wheel back and forth and it had play, the driver side is not as bad, well today I took the wheel off and moved the drum and it has play I tried to see if the hub nut was lose but it seems ok, could this be the wheel bearing, and also what other ways could I tell if it has really gone thanks guys hope you can help
Posted 2nd Jan 2014 at 00:46
stan_306gti6 Forum Admin

Post #2
It does indeed very much sound like it. Yes

"Supercharged - 454.1bhp/317.5lb/ft"
Peugeot 306 GTi-6
2000 (X), Moonstone Love
Posted 2nd Jan 2014 at 09:27
Pug bazza

Regular

Post #3
Thanks stan, I rolled wheel jacked in air and it's rumbling to so me thinks it is, but guys as mine has drums will it be the drum that needs replacing to, as I seen some drums for the 306 phase 3 with a bearing on the drum, also the drum to come off is a right pain, I taken off the hub nut the drum seems loose but not realising, anyone got some advice thanks
Posted 2nd Jan 2014 at 14:34
coskev

Seasoned Pro

Post #4
It will be the lip on the inside of drums holding them on.usaully gentle tapping with a hammer working around the drum while pulling drum with other hand will release it.
bearings usaully require the seat knocking out of the drum, get a new bearing kit and you will see what you need to knock out. Smile

Red GTB1756 powered Fabia VRS daily driver,LBSC Gti6 eater........

Mac1 ZR R1 kit car build in progress.
Posted 2nd Jan 2014 at 17:21
Pug bazza

Regular

Post #5
Thanks cozkev, il do that, something for the weekend if the weather stays dry,
Posted 2nd Jan 2014 at 23:33
Pug bazza

Regular

Post #6
Hello guys, me again, just want to ask a few questions so I could source the right bearing .

1. Is there a inner and outer rear wheel bearing on a 306 1.4 ( it has drums in the rear)
2. With my wheel having play and drum having play would this be a Hub bearing ?
3.to remove drum and loosen the shoes could I ajust this from handbrake cable as I find it difficult to do it through the spindle nut inside the drum?

Thanks guys I know it's not a GTI OR RALLYE but you guys know your 306's so you are the guys to ask thanks
Posted 5th Jan 2014 at 17:21
coskev

Seasoned Pro

Post #7
Bearings come in a kit, you get inner and outer.
handbrake cable should not release the shoes unless its been adjusted wrong by a prev owner, try slackening it though.

Red GTB1756 powered Fabia VRS daily driver,LBSC Gti6 eater........

Mac1 ZR R1 kit car build in progress.
Posted 9th Jan 2014 at 21:14