displaying posts 26 to 31 of 31

Pages (2): 1 [2]

Author Subject: Laminova cooler
rallyeash

Seasoned Pro

Post #26
What size pipework are you running on the oil cooking circuit.

230 hp 2.1 16v XU 205 rallye on jenveysHyper Project thread here
309 3dr K20 Type R
Posted 2nd Jan 2014 at 22:13
daveyboy

aka Jim Davey

Post #27
-12 is what I went for on mine. It looks gigantic but the inside diameters of the pipes and fittings are a about 3/4". -10 would be minimum.

R H Davey Welding Supplies. I sell new and used welding equipment in the Hampshire area. I take on welding jobs in the evenings, ally casting repairs are one of my specialities but I can weld pretty much anything. PM me with your requirements.

Some of my services: (See my for sale threads)
Engine mount/chassis repair
Solid Beam Mounts BACK IN PRODUCTION
Harness bars
Posted 2nd Jan 2014 at 22:15
stan_306gti6 Forum Admin

Post #28
rallyeash wrote:
What are your water temperatures like?

I've got my water temp down to 70 degree on your average trackday. If you can lower your water temp this will help control the oil too.

Strangely enough my coolant temps on track are always between 90 and 95, and the oil usually sits at 90 for the first 25 mins or so then starts to creep up to 110 by the end of 45 mins.

I'm running Royal Purple XPR 20w50 by the way.

"Supercharged - 454.1bhp/317.5lb/ft"
Peugeot 306 GTi-6
2000 (X), Moonstone Love
Posted 2nd Jan 2014 at 23:21
pete_rallye

Seasoned Pro

Post #29
Make sure you're running the maximum amount of oil you can too, the more oil you have the cooler it will run, and it will help stop you smashing a rod through the block on long right hand corners!

I didn't ever have problems with coolant temp with a standard rad, all I did was remove the thermostat and it was always fine, even on back to back laps at the nurburgring in 30c heat! Tyres didn't cope quite so well mind...

I'd certainly look at changing to a single cooler. Mine used to run at 6 bar with a single cooler and standard oil pump, as long as your getting a consistent 4 bar that will be fine.

-12 is good for a cooler, although I ran -8 on the first track car I built and never had any problems.

Oulton Park in a BTCC 306 vid 1
Oulton Park in a BTCC 306 vid 2
Lap of the 'ring
Posted 3rd Jan 2014 at 00:04
prism7guy

Seasoned Pro

Post #30
The coolant when i got the oil to 115c was just over 90c, but usually at trackdays in this country it stays below 90c and the oil rarely gets above 100c in the uk.

I've just measured a spare bit of the hose i used on the lines, it looks to be around 10mm bore, i'm guessing that this is a bit small? It's what was supplied with my thermostatic take off plate.

I usually have the oil level at maximum on the dipstick too.

The radiator is a Nissens ally one for the time being.

Goldie the track car.
Posted 3rd Jan 2014 at 15:31
prism7guy

Seasoned Pro

Post #31
Does anyone know the length of the threaded stud (Part #1103.54) and the bore through it?

Goldie the track car.
Posted 19th Jan 2014 at 19:23

Pages (2): 1 [2]