displaying posts 26 to 35 of 35

Pages (2): 1 [2]

Author Subject: anyone on here use to own this??
stan_306gti6 Forum Admin

Post #26
alastairh wrote:
Niall wrote:
Nope if your towing on a bar like that, it needs to be insured, tax'd and mot'd.

If your towing on a dolly, it just needs to be insured

If its on a flat bed or proper car trailer, it doesn't need any of the 3.

Incorrect. I recently was pulled for the above, charged, recieved a letter from the police and using the fine print of the insurance details on the tow cars policy and got off with the offence.

Al

Eh?

You've just stated that the tow car had insurance? So therefore what was the 'offence' you'd committed?

"Supercharged - 454.1bhp/317.5lb/ft"
Peugeot 306 GTi-6
2000 (X), Moonstone Love
Posted 30th Dec 2013 at 07:52
barnettjd77

Regular

Post #27
scotzman wrote:
thugpuggin wrote:
Not hidden but hidden is best

Both my rallyes have been hidden, the first was bought from a Peugeot dealer at a year old so unlikely it was messed with.

Lovely Cheers Thumbs up

May end up putting 6x9's in anyway.. not sure yet Razz

A red rallye in progress!
Posted 30th Dec 2013 at 22:47
Niall

Seasoned Pro

Post #28
alastairh wrote:
Niall wrote:
Nope if your towing on a bar like that, it needs to be insured, tax'd and mot'd.

If your towing on a dolly, it just needs to be insured

If its on a flat bed or proper car trailer, it doesn't need any of the 3.

Incorrect. I recently was pulled for the above, charged, recieved a letter from the police and using the fine print of the insurance details on the tow cars policy and got off with the offence.

Al

Your obviously not insured to tow then. Most policies do let you tow but some don't.
Posted 30th Dec 2013 at 22:50
allyrennie

Senior User

Post #29
So I have to assume that using the fine print meant that you weren´t committing an offence then?

If there was still a problem then your charge would have still have been processed?

The info Chris provided will be based on his knowledge of a family garage and the rules regarding towing, then again he might just be an incredibly knowledgeable guy, a god of the towing world even........

Rules and tools of life:-
You only need two tools: WD-40 and Duct Tape. If it doesn't move and should, use the WD-40. If it shouldn't move and does, use the duct tape

Team Roofrack.........
Posted 6th Jan 2014 at 12:38
rikky 🦔

Post #30
to make it simple, isn't it any wheel on the road and it needs to be taxed and insured?

i think we should go for a 10 page thread on this with everyone posting their opinion

306 rallye reproduction decals (full sets/individual decals) | 306 b-pillar textured vinyl weatherstrips
306 slam panel esso stickers | 306 yellow / orange / pension fund red side door badges
gti6 inlet manifold badges | 306 rear boot badges (p2/p3)
winner of Extraction of toys from prams with outstanding vigour award 2009 [source: gti6 owners club]
Posted 6th Jan 2014 at 12:46
dangti6

aka JKshooter

Post #31
rikky wrote:
i think we should go for a 10 page thread on this with everyone posting their opinion

You'll struggle Rikky unless we all use our mobiles and allow ourselves to post the same thing 4 times.

• Senior Test Automation Engineer for the 306GTi6 Owners Club Forum Wizard

• Posted 6th Jan 2014 at 12:53
    buzzbrightyear

Seasoned Pro

Post #32
    rikky wrote:
    to make it simple, isn't it any wheel on the road and it needs to be taxed and insured?

What if you strategically place a macsonalds tray under each tyre, leave handbrake on, car in 1st or reverse gear and then tow it?
    Would that be legally ok until tray wears through, as no wheel is in contact with road?

andrew315rawson@live.co.uk
    Moonstone phase 7 gti6
    My Project thread: http://www.306gti6.com/forum/showthread.php?id=119992&page=1
    Posted 11th Jan 2014 at 10:49
    buzzbrightyear

Seasoned Pro

Post #33
    rikky wrote:

What if you strategically place a macsonalds tray under each tyre, leave handbrake on, car in 1st or reverse gear and then tow it?
    Would that be legally ok until tray wears through, as no wheel is in contact with road?

Moonstone phase 7 gti6
    buzzbrightyear

Seasoned Pro

Post #34
    rikky wrote:

Moonstone phase 7 gti6
    buzzbrightyear

Seasoned Pro

Post #35
    rikky wrote:

Moonstone phase 7 gti6
    Posted 11th Jan 2014 at 10:50

Pages (2): 1 [2]