displaying posts 201 to 206 of 206

Pages (9): first .. 7 8 [9]

Author Subject: Ph.1 Diablo
sergioiacobucci

Senior User

Post #201
RetroPug wrote:
Yes. However, there are two plugs in the sump: one is the sump drain plug, the other one is a blanking plug (same as the drain plug just higher up and not pointing downwards as much) where the temperature sensor is mounted on the later cars, so a threaded adapter can go in there for an oil temp sensor.

Would massively appreciate if you could pm me some details on that, what sensor, how easy was it etc

Phase 1 silver track car
335i daily
Posted 4th Jul 2016 at 19:53
RetroPug

Seasoned Pro

Post #202
sergioiacobucci wrote:
RetroPug wrote:
Yes. However, there are two plugs in the sump: one is the sump drain plug, the other one is a blanking plug (same as the drain plug just higher up and not pointing downwards as much) where the temperature sensor is mounted on the later cars, so a threaded adapter can go in there for an oil temp sensor.

Would massively appreciate if you could pm me some details on that, what sensor, how easy was it etc

Are you going to Pugfest? If so, feel free to come and talk & have a look.

61k miles Ph.1 Diablo '6 Project Thread
Posted 4th Jul 2016 at 21:49
sergioiacobucci

Senior User

Post #203
Unfortunately I'm not. Maybe I'll get the chance to bother you some other time about it

Phase 1 silver track car
335i daily
Posted 4th Jul 2016 at 23:01
RetroPug

Seasoned Pro

Post #204
Okay I'll PM you some details when I get the chance. If I forgot feel free to remind me.

Posted 4th Jul 2016 at 23:08
sergioiacobucci

Senior User

Post #205
RetroPug wrote:
Okay I'll PM you some details when I get the chance. If I forgot feel free to remind me.

Can you send me some details on the one you bought? Cheers

Phase 1 silver track car
335i daily
Posted 10th Jul 2016 at 23:40
RetroPug

Seasoned Pro

Post #206
2-3 weeks ago I fit the cat with the flexi, shortening the centre section a little bit to compensate for the fact that the cat was now longer. This is now working great with no leaks or cracks etc. anywhere in the exhaust which is much nicer.

I now have a 12" slimline fan as my main fan which runs off of the standard wiring & relay. I have also fitted a 10" fan which I plan to wire to a manual switch (possibly through a relay?). It has a wire earthing the negative, and a positive wire which I have routed somewhere I can get to it for now. This allowed me enough room to fit a twin oil-cooler system. I've run it up to temperature, I didn't get 80c on the gauge but the oil coolers got very hot and the level sensor reads the oil level as having dropped. I have now put the car back together and all I need to do is top the oil up when the car is stone cold.

This should keep the oil temperature down when abusing this on sprint days and track days etc.

I really need to do something about the crusty PAS cooler pipes....another thing on the list! LOL

Posted 24th Jul 2016 at 16:38

Pages (9): first .. 7 8 [9]