displaying posts 1 to 25 of 33

Pages (2): [1] 2

Author Subject: High spec bits
funkymonk

Regular

Post #1
Unfortunately the time has come to break my car, have owned it almost 8 years, was my first car and has been transformed from a 1.8xs into a supercharged GTi engined toy. I will miss it but I have a new project to play with and a boring daily to take over it's commuting duties. Car handles beautifully, anybody that has been in a well sorted '6 will know how much fun they are. Prices are excluding postage, pick up only on the larger items engine/beam etc. Offers are fine, bear in mind I'm in no particular hurry to shift bits, but please no "what's your lowest price cash geezer?"

The car will start to be broken properly next weekend and pics of individual bits will be added here once they are off. Decent parts are listed here, odds and sods can be found in my other thread.

Engine Bits
XU10j4RS - Head rebuilt inc. new stem seals etc. August 2011, bottom end covered 120k now no visible wear to bores still visible hone marks when it was apart in August. Engine has covered 18k since the rebuild. New OEM waterpump and cambelt fitted.

Complete with 70k VTS box with newish driveshaft seals and 2month old OEM Valeo clutch, rallye aux set up, unlocked ECU and recent MAP, ICV and crank sensors £500
Bare engine £350
(can negotiate in between the extremes depending on what you want)

Nissens alloy rad - £50
2x CBS slimline fans - £70
Lynx billet Crank pulley - SOLD
Lynx billet aux tensioner on arm - £40
Baker BM Group N engine and gearbox mounts - £80
Exhaust system, custom made 2.5" throughout, t304 Stainless, mid box and rear box, interchangeable cat/decat section super low profile so it doesn't drop below the line of the chassis rails until it hits the rear beam, absolutely ideal for SC cars - £380

Suspension
Rich_W Roller bearing wishbone bushes, these things are awesome! Fitted to OEM W/bones with fairly recent balljoints. Obsessively greased and only fitted since Jan - £190
Rear beam - SOLD
PhillipM Lower strut brace in red, bit scraped but that will happen instantly on fitting! - SOLD
Solid rear beam mounts by Daveyboy - SOLD
B6 front shocks - £120
Eibach proline springs - £60
Rear Bilstein 205 tarmac dampers (these sit between the B6 and 306 tarmac dampers) - SOLD

Brakes
310mm Renault Brembo setup inc. R26 callipers in red, red braided lines, DS2500 pads that have only done 6k miles, Hispec 310mm rotors and Pendulum Motorsport brackets - SOLD

All other bits of the car are available body panels are in nile blue, none are mint. Interior is non AC and has black pillar covers.

Think that sums everything up Sad

There are only 10 kinds of people in this world, those that understand binary and those that don't...
Posted 4th Feb 2014 at 12:18
aaron6

Seasoned Pro

Post #2
Any oil cooler? If so, does it have a thermostatic sandwhich plate?

See the sheer power and might of the lesser known burrowing owl.

Posted 29th Nov 2013 at 23:14
jord294

Seasoned Pro

Post #3
How old are the bilsteins and springs please? Where the struts built up with new strut top kits?

What size are the ball joints on the wishbones? Any lumpiness when turning the roller bearings?

FRESHLY RE-FURBISHED GTI BEAMS
FITTING AND LOWERING AVAILABLE.
ALL AXLES BUILT USING GENUINE PEUGEOT PARTS

IF I'M NOT HERE, IT ONLY MEANS ONE THING.... I'M SOMEWHERE ELSE!
Posted 30th Nov 2013 at 01:55

Post #4
I'll take the crank pulley and aux tensioner if being sold separately please.
Posted 30th Nov 2013 at 08:28
funkymonk

Regular

Post #5
Front billies and springs must be 4 and a bit years old, no leaking and car still settles after one bounce etc. rear billies are a bit less think they were early 2011.

Balljoints are 18mm, will have to check bushes when they are off of the car, obviously were smooth when fitted and still feel good to drive so should be fine.

2052006 no worries, will be available over the course of next week were you intending to collect?

edit:Speeling errors!

There are only 10 kinds of people in this world, those that understand binary and those that don't...
Posted 3rd Dec 2013 at 22:09
tsd167

Junior User

Post #6
I'll take the 205 rear tarmac bilsteins £100 please. Can you let me know delivery charges to Lincolnshire and your payment details. Thanks!
Posted 30th Nov 2013 at 10:34

Post #7
funkymonk wrote:
Front billies and springs must be 4 and a bit years old, no leaking and car still settles adter once bounce etc. rear biklies are a bit less rhink they were early 2011.

Balljoints are 18mm, will have to check bushes when they are off of the car, obviously were smooth when fitted and still feel good to drive so should be fine.

2052006 no worries, will be available over the course of next week were you intending to collect?

I'd need them posted if that's ok? PM me when available and I will sort out money...
Posted 30th Nov 2013 at 12:25
foot

Senior User

Post #8
PM sent
Posted 1st Dec 2013 at 11:12
Nick.gti6

Regular

Post #9
Pm'd
Posted 2nd Dec 2013 at 07:33
funkymonk

Regular

Post #10
Sorry guys have a lot of uni hand ins this week, will reply to all PMs this evening

Posted 3rd Dec 2013 at 14:09
funkymonk

Regular

Post #11
PMs replied to.

Jord sorry missed a bit, new strut top mounts were used when dampers and springs were fitted yes.

Aaron no oil cooler I'm afraid

Posted 3rd Dec 2013 at 22:40
robthe6

Senior User

Post #12
Baker BM Group N engine mounts - £60 is that all 3 mounts?

1997 ph1 bianca GTI6 - The looker
1996 ph1 Sigma GTI6 - Dead Sad
1999 Red Rallye - The Daily
2005 Nissan Navara D40 - Family car
1968 Mustang Coupe - The dirty little secret
Put ya foot down, put ya foot down we'll loose em easy!
Posted 3rd Dec 2013 at 22:48
craig-gti6

Regular

Post #13
How much can you do the solid beam mounts for posted? Cheers
Posted 3rd Dec 2013 at 23:23
funkymonk

Regular

Post #14
Rob - sorry that wasn't very clear, is just the top and rear engine mount in cradle. Was going to stick the gearbox mount on the derv but can do all 3 for £90 Somebody is already interested so potentially sold.

Craig will have to check postage can't imgine it'd be any more than £10 can get a proper quote when they come off on the weekend. Again there are a couple of people who have said they'll have them will keep the thread updated.

Posted 4th Dec 2013 at 15:01
jord294

Seasoned Pro

Post #15
funkymonk wrote:

Any idea when you're removing them?

Posted 4th Dec 2013 at 15:13
funkymonk

Regular

Post #16
All parts that have had interest will be removed this weekend

Posted 4th Dec 2013 at 15:20
funkymonk

Regular

Post #17
BTTT

Posted 8th Dec 2013 at 23:51
funkymonk

Regular

Post #18
Bump

Posted 13th Dec 2013 at 11:49
raunchz

Regular

Post #19
Battery box lid?!
Posted 13th Dec 2013 at 12:00
funkymonk

Regular

Post #20
Raunchz sorry bud think there must be at least two lurking in the garage somewhere but damned if I can find them!

Posted 18th Dec 2013 at 16:15
funkymonk

Regular

Post #21
Ok so I have seen something I badly want before Christmas!! So if you can pay before Monday the 23rd then there is 15% of the listed price above . Which makes everything just bargainous really!! If anything isn't sold after Christmas prices will go back as the opportunity will have passed for me to get my new toy!!!

So for example -

Less than 10k old Roller bearing wishbone bushes on OEM bones with balljoints for £160
£340 for a fully rebuilt beam with extra goodies, that is only just more than a rebuild of you standard unit.

etc. I'm sure you can do maths

Also brembo discs are looking a tad low, so Full 310mm brembo setup £500 until Christmas!

Posted 18th Dec 2013 at 16:26
jord294

Seasoned Pro

Post #22
As long as roller bearings are nice and free, and balljoints in excellent condition. Will you do the wishbones for £160 delivered please?

Can pay straight away

Posted 20th Dec 2013 at 21:07
gman

Seasoned Pro

Post #23
how much for the VTS box? Any crunches, whines etc?

1992 Onyx Black 205 GTI-6
2005 Honda S2000 (Sold)
2002 Audi S3 (Sold)
2005 Clio 182 Trophy (sold)
Posted 20th Dec 2013 at 21:12
eliotrw

Seasoned Pro

Post #24
Do you have aphoto of the exhaust? How did it sound?

Ex- Phase 3 China GTi-6 T-Reg
Posted 21st Dec 2013 at 19:00
funkymonk

Regular

Post #25
Think someone is taking engine, gearbox and wishbones if not I will update.

Eliotrw I will have to try and get some although it is tucked in tight garage now. 3" tip inward rolled similar to the smaller of the Magnex boxes, sits perfectly in the cut out. Has two boxes but is 2.5" bore so is pretty tame with cat in but still a bit raucous with cat removed.

Posted 22nd Dec 2013 at 23:33

Pages (2): [1] 2