displaying posts 1 to 4 of 4

Author Subject: Rotrex temperature gauge
doof

Regular

Post #1
Just having a think how to read off the oil temperature for my supercharger. I've got two options, buy an aftermarket gauge and have trouble finding somewhere subtle to install it. Or alternatively I'm wondering about wiring in a switch so I can tap into the existing water / oil temp gauges and then use standard pug sensors in an oil temp take off housing.

Any thoughts. Running on the standard instrument panel is probably best. I must just be able to tap into the water temp wire with a single pole double throw switch and can then select between charger temp and oil / water temp depending on which gauge I put it on.

My only concern then is that I don't really know where 80 degrees is on the gauges so maybe I'm better going for a digital gauge that will give better resolution?
Posted 29th Nov 2013 at 13:00
alastairh

Regular

Post #2
Buy aftermarket. The original gauge and sensors won't be accurate enough. I had a set of spa gauges and showed huge differneces from the original gauges.

Al

205 GTI6
Primera GT
Xsara VTS
306 GTI6
Posted 29th Nov 2013 at 15:00
doof

Regular

Post #3
I think you're probably right, Just can't think how to mount an aftermarket gauge nicely without it being on show. Might try and put it in down near the gear lever somewhere.
Posted 29th Nov 2013 at 16:41
RetroPug

Seasoned Pro

Post #4
Will it potentially fit inside the compartment between the gear stick and the aircon buttons & radio etc.?
If so, you could shut the lid of that compartment to conceal it.

61k miles Ph.1 Diablo '6 Project Thread
Posted 29th Nov 2013 at 16:45