displaying posts 1 to 9 of 9

Author Subject: Second thoughts...
rich306

Seasoned Pro

Post #1
Since driving a Volvo V40 T4 the other day I have had non stop thoughts about getting one.
So much so I'm considering selling the Rallye over it...

The Rallye is due to be taken off of the road so I can turn it into more of a beast for track use and pleasure driving.
But at the same time I am having second thoughts about doing this especially as I have a 'soon to be rare' Black Rallye.

If I were to sell her, I'd ask for £1600 for the car minus it's exhaust bearing in mind it's just had £600 spent on the custom Maniflow exhaust.

I want a Sunday car that I can chuck a v6 lump in and tow to track days, it seems a little crazy to put so much work into a Rallye only to ruin it in the long run....

People's thoughts?!

Richies Project Rallye

Electrical work carried out in Portsmouth

jamiek_uk2000 wrote:
You'll need to throw money at the car. Not on parts. Just stand near your car and throw loose change at it, I find this increases performance for a short period of time
- Top Tip!!!
Posted 27th Nov 2013 at 10:09
stan_306gti6 Forum Admin

Post #2
What does your girlfriend think considering she just paid for the new exhaust system for you? LOL

"Supercharged - 454.1bhp/317.5lb/ft"
Peugeot 306 GTi-6
2000 (X), Moonstone Love
Posted 27th Nov 2013 at 10:29
rich306

Seasoned Pro

Post #3
I paid for it lolSmile not her and she was dumped weeks ago haha

Richies Project Rallye

jamiek_uk2000 wrote:
You'll need to throw money at the car. Not on parts. Just stand near your car and throw loose change at it, I find this increases performance for a short period of time
- Top Tip!!!
Posted 27th Nov 2013 at 10:46
stan_306gti6 Forum Admin

Post #4
LOL

Then I guess you're free to do whatever you want then...

"Supercharged - 454.1bhp/317.5lb/ft"
Peugeot 306 GTi-6
2000 (X), Moonstone Love
Posted 27th Nov 2013 at 10:53
rich306

Seasoned Pro

Post #5
Yes I knoooowww that haha. But wanted to know what everyone else would do lol

Richies Project Rallye

jamiek_uk2000 wrote:
- Top Tip!!!
Posted 27th Nov 2013 at 11:03
rikky 🦔

Post #6
i'd keep the 306

and then punish myself severely for thinking about a volvo

306 rallye reproduction decals (full sets/individual decals) | 306 b-pillar textured vinyl weatherstrips
306 slam panel esso stickers | 306 yellow / orange / pension fund red side door badges
gti6 inlet manifold badges | 306 rear boot badges (p2/p3)
winner of Extraction of toys from prams with outstanding vigour award 2009 [source: gti6 owners club]
Posted 27th Nov 2013 at 11:04
jimmyrallye

Seasoned Pro

Post #7
Personaly I wouldn't bother doing a resto on the rallye it will turn in to a money pit and take a lot of your spare time up ... Just enjoy it till you get bored and sell on

"Police arrested two kids yesterday, one was drinking battery acid, the other was eating fireworks. They charged one and let the other one off."
Posted 27th Nov 2013 at 11:15
RetroPug

Seasoned Pro

Post #8
IMO if you want a track car the best and cheapest options are either buy a ready-built one or half-finished project one as you'll get a cheap car with lots of shiny bits for the least money. Or, buy a tatty example where the negative points of the car are things you'd throw away/replace in a track car/not care about for a track car eg. scuffed bodywork and bad paint, damaged interior etc.

If you spend an entire winter and loads of money making it completely mint and then you have contact with someone or come off the track and wreck it you'll be heartbroken and seriously out of pocket, whereas if the car was a cheap one you can buy another cheap one and swap the good bits over and start again at far less of a loss. Eg. if this car is as described then it should be mechanically ok but it is very cheap: http://www.306gti6.com/forum/showthread.php?id=158112 If you crashed it and wrecked the bodywork you'd not be too fussed.

Or you could buy Owain's ready-built track car.

61k miles Ph.1 Diablo '6 Project Thread
Posted 27th Nov 2013 at 11:24
rich306

Seasoned Pro

Post #9
Right, i've taken every thing into account and now looking to sell it. Look out for a for sale post soon.

Richies Project Rallye

jamiek_uk2000 wrote:
- Top Tip!!!
Posted 27th Nov 2013 at 19:55