displaying posts 1 to 6 of 6

Author Subject: Klarius pattern part exhaust
gwyn rallye

Regular

Post #1
After some help about a back box for my Rallye.

Basically my OE pug back box has split and Im after a new OE spec one..... but dont want to pay pug prices!

Ive had a scout on ebay and found a listing for a 2.0GTI/ XSI Klarius back box (part number PG467K) for £37 delivered...

So I contacted the seller 'click car parts' with my chassis/ reg no to confirm fitment. They state that although very similar to the one listed for my car...they cannot guarantee it will fit as its not listed.

I have found that eurocarparts also sell the above box (at £87) and another GTI6 Klarius back box listed (part number PG513T) at £124.....

Ive contacted euro car parts who said the cheaper box would not fit my car (despite a GTI6 listing) only the dearer item.

Ive checked the OE equivalent part numbers for both Boxes on the eurocarparts listings and both come back as Peugeot Part Number 1726.FN

Ive also been on the Klarius website that states the cheaper box is 750mm length and fits:

XU10J2, XU10J4 (S16), XU10J4R (Not OBD) between 94 and 01, 2.0ltr 306 hatchback

Dearer box is 720mm in length and fits:

XU10J4R, XU10J4RS (Not OBD) between 96 and 01, 2.0ltr 306 hatchback.

As you can see the exhaust cross reference certain models....Im thinking the cheaper box would probably fit.... but naturally wondering what the differences are between both boxes (apart from price!)

Can anyone shed any light or confirm if it will/ wont fit? And lastly, are these Klarius boxes decent enough quality?

Cheers

Gwyn

Bianca white 306 Rallye
Arctic blue Clio 182 FF
Alpine white 205 1.9 GTI
Posted 21st Nov 2013 at 15:03
mark.evs

Senior User

Post #2
I put a cheap Klarius back box on my d-turbo and it sounds like the car is sick when giving it the beans, like a funny fart noise. I also had a walker one on before that and the tail pipe was corroded withing a few months and rusted out in about 12 months, also on both the chrome tips allow the gasses to go back under the boot and come into the car so i had to fill them with exhaust paste. I wouldn't fit one on my Rallye. Keep an eye out on here, original ones pop up every now and then, or just spoil her to a new one from the dealer.

My GTi6 track project

White Rallye project
Posted 23rd Nov 2013 at 16:16
gwyn rallye

Regular

Post #3
Hmm..... sounds like the quality is suspect then. Think ill give it a miss and try finding an OE one instead. Thanks for the feedback mate.

Bianca white 306 Rallye
Arctic blue Clio 182 FF
Alpine white 205 1.9 GTI
Posted 27th Nov 2013 at 22:37
mik

Seasoned Pro

Post #4
I've had a Klarius rear box on my car that sounded same as OE for a couple of years. Quality is good, almost the same as OE, definitely not cheap cr@p. Had no probs with it. I have OE centre section and is interchangeable with OE. I'd have no probs with Klarius but would make sure I got the one that is same size as OE. Would depend on price for me - if OE was only a little bit more would go OE.

Cherry Rallye SOLD

Posted 28th Nov 2013 at 19:30
gwyn rallye

Regular

Post #5
Thanks for the feedback, will have to price up a gen exhaust and take it from there me thinks. Must say Im half tempted by a Scorpion back box... but like the sound of the OE system with the K&N.

Bianca white 306 Rallye
Arctic blue Clio 182 FF
Alpine white 205 1.9 GTI
Posted 4th Dec 2013 at 22:45
bennn

Seasoned Pro

Post #6
Think the one I put on my HDI is a Klarius.

Quality seemed OK and it was a lot cheaper than an OE one. Its only been on a few months but seems fine so far.

Being picky the chrome tip isn't quite the same as the PSA one but I think it was only about £40 so I can't complain really!

Cherry Red 306 HDI
Championship White Integra DC5 Type R
Posted 5th Dec 2013 at 10:17