displaying posts 26 to 34 of 34

Pages (2): 1 [2]

Author Subject: front wipers with built in washer jets?
doon1988

Regular

Post #26
Just an update... Both the ones in the link I attached are 22"... Perfect for drivers side but an inch too big for passengers but only due to the curve of the window. The wiper doesnt hit the rubber so all in all not too bad...

Dont look as good as the 6 blades though :/
Posted 15th Nov 2013 at 08:43
doon1988

Regular

Post #27
For anyone that is interested I have some pics of how the 405 wipers I linked to in an earlier post sit on the 6 I have a couple of pics in my new thread:

http://www.306gti6.com/forum/showthread.php?id=158200

As you can see the passenger side is a little long. however due to the curve in the screen it doesn't touch the rubber also leaves a bit of clearance at the top so no issues with it hitting the seal there either.

Next step is to get some black piping!
Posted 18th Nov 2013 at 12:48
rikky 🦔

Post #28
the one on the rear of my e87 1 series is fantastic, i'd be tempted to look into that if i was in the position for swapping. my motor has packed up so is unplugged at the moment, so pfft

306 rallye reproduction decals (full sets/individual decals) | 306 b-pillar textured vinyl weatherstrips
306 slam panel esso stickers | 306 yellow / orange / pension fund red side door badges
gti6 inlet manifold badges | 306 rear boot badges (p2/p3)
winner of Extraction of toys from prams with outstanding vigour award 2009 [source: gti6 owners club]
Posted 18th Nov 2013 at 13:21
doon1988

Regular

Post #29
yeh I need to look at sorting my rear washer jet out as no water is coming out at the moment. But its up under the spoiler and at the moment I have no idea of how to get to it :/
Posted 18th Nov 2013 at 13:23
gilesy

Seasoned Pro

Post #30
Get a paperclip or something as small in diameter as that, and poke it into the hole.

You may need to do it a while, and keep activating the washer. I did mine and the stuff that came out of that hole was disgusting
Posted 19th Nov 2013 at 16:25
dangti6

aka JKshooter

Post #31
rikky wrote:
my motor has packed up so is unplugged at the moment, so pfft

U LIKE BUY MOTUR? I SHIP YOU WON AT 20 POUN INSCLUSIF.

• Senior Test Automation Engineer for the 306GTi6 Owners Club Forum Wizard

• Posted 19th Nov 2013 at 16:28
    jimmyhackers

Seasoned Pro

Post #32
    i just got inventive with some hose and cable ties on my custom single wiper with built in washer jets.

not really worth spending money on something if you can do it for next to nothing.

the world is changed by people in sheds
    Posted 19th Nov 2013 at 23:15
    doon1988

Regular

Post #33
    jimmyhackers wrote:
    i just got inventive with some hose and cable ties on my custom single wiper with built in washer jets.

not really worth spending money on something if you can do it for next to nothing.

Had the MOT so wanted to make sure I had something sorted for that. Otherwise I would of thought about mocking something up if I thought I could do it good enough to get through MOT haha.
    Posted 20th Nov 2013 at 07:59
    doon1988

Regular

Post #34
    doon1988 wrote:
    jimmyhackers wrote:

Had the MOT so wanted to make sure I had something sorted for that. Otherwise I would of thought about mocking something up if I thought I could do it good enough to get through MOT haha.

Plus it was only the cost of what it would normally be to replace the blades anyway so not too bad Smile
    Posted 27th Nov 2013 at 13:15

Pages (2): 1 [2]