displaying posts 1 to 11 of 11

Author Subject: Replacement for my 6
sixysix

Seasoned Pro

Post #1
Hi guys,

After selling my 6 a few weeks ago, I got my new car last week and so far so good, although still miss my 6 loads but hopefully the new horse will do what I need Smile

Have been down in Wales most of the week and had a nice drive yesterday to stretch her legs and it stopped raining just long enough for me to take a few snaps only from my phone, and for once I am showing you pics of a dirty'ish car LOL

It's a Seat Leon SC FR TDI 184 in candy white with a few optional extra's added and so far I am loving the car and it does what I was looking for which was an economical car that I could chuck around a bit now and again and still have a bit of oomph as well Smile

Drove from Carmarthen back to london today with a full tank (50 Litres) which is 220 miles and got home with around 2/3 of a tank left which is a fair bit better than the 6 which usually has around a 1/4 left from full from 60 litres Smile

Anyway, here's a few pics and yes, I know I am not disabled LOL

I plan on giving her a proper clean next week when the rain eases off and take a couple of better pics Smile
Some of the Welsh clan will probably know where the pic s were taken, or just google the street name! LOL

My Pugrun 2007/2009 video clips
Take a look

Pugrun 2007...Lose yourself Laugh

Xbox Live ID: Marksixysix (Forza 3, Forza 4 PES 2010, COD 6/MW2, WRC 2010).

PSN ID: MarkSixysix ( DiRT 3 GT5, NFS:Hot pursuit).

P1 Diablo red 6 gone but not forgotten Sad
Posted 9th Nov 2013 at 19:29
mattgti6phase2

Seasoned Pro

Post #2
Looks decent enough Thumbs up

Team Nile 6 Superman
Team: 40.2 MPG Smile
5 x a 306 owner!
currently abusing type r's in a town near you ™ Wink
I truely live for the 306 ®
Build date: 29th October 1997 Wednesday's car
midweek madness Tee hee
Posted 10th Nov 2013 at 13:20
daver6

Seasoned Pro

Post #3
Why are you parked in a disabled bay?

Red Rallye - Rolling "restoration"

Wishbone Polybushes available
Posted 10th Nov 2013 at 14:23
thugpuggin

Seasoned Pro

Post #4
sixysix wrote:

yes, I know I am not disabled LOL

Some of the Welsh clan will probably know where the pic s were taken, or just google the street name! LOL

You know you're not but most others won't.

I'm not Welsh but guessing Tenby

How much that set you back?

Black X Reg PIII.VGTi 6 A4212 pt 1 A4212 pt 2 Searching the streets of Bristol for 1.36p/day.

Joint Kent Leader

Posted 10th Nov 2013 at 15:31
jimmyrallye

Seasoned Pro

Post #5
Looks great got to be on a bit of cheeky finance Wink

"Police arrested two kids yesterday, one was drinking battery acid, the other was eating fireworks. They charged one and let the other one off."
Posted 10th Nov 2013 at 15:51
sixysix

Seasoned Pro

Post #6
thugpuggin wrote:
sixysix wrote:

yes, I know I am not disabled LOL

You know you're not but most others won't.

I'm not Welsh but guessing Tenby

How much that set you back?

I know what you mean Jon LOL
There were hardly any spaces so I just stopped there for a minute to take a couple of quick pics whilst I was there Smile
And yes you are right matey, Tenby it is Thumbs up
Took a drive from Carmarthen through Pendine sands, Saundersfoot, Tenby, then up to Milford haven and back and gave me a chance to try out the new gal on some open roads Smile

Book price for the spec is just under 24.5k, they wanted 22k, I picked it up from Seat dealer as a demo car with 11 delivery miles and was first to test drive it and managed to get it for £18.750 Smile
I actually bought the car outright, had to borrow a little bit from my dad but had some money saved up as I have been looking at other cars for a while now.
The hardest part was deciding to part with the 6 as it had become a part of me these last 13 years Sad
Still, have to move on and try new things once in a while Smile

Extra's fitted are Tech pack which is free atm anyway which includes full led lights, Media system plus with satnav and DAB radio.
Convenience pack which is just auto wipers and lights and dimming rear view mirrors.
Electric sunroof, and 18" wheels.

I went for the 184 over the 150 as it has bigger brakes, multilink rear suspension, and a bigger turbo giving it a bit more grunt over the 150ps

It's basically an mk7 Golf or Audi A3 underneath but a fair bit cheaper and I actually prefer the shape and have always like the Seat's Smile
There is a Cupra coming out early next year and that should be a good looking car.

Well it was dry today so decided to freeze my bits off and give the new car a clean as it was bugging me with it sitting outside all manky LOL

Gave it a good wash and tried some new Zaino products I bought last week to seal the paint before winter.
Used Zaino's CS sealant which you can actually just wipe on and forget, no need to wipe off when it dries if you don't apply too much.
I also had some Zaino Z-6, which I used to give it a wipe down after the CS and think it has brought it up quite well considering white seems to be quite hard to get a good deep gloss finish with polish and waxes Smile

I am really pleased with it so far and still not seen any on the roads yet considering the mk3 was released at the end of 2012. Seen loads of Ibiza FR's though!

Take a look

Posted 10th Nov 2013 at 18:13
gwyn rallye

Regular

Post #7
Im not normally a fan of modern cars but must say this looks very smart. Its got an agressive looking shape to it, nicely proportioned and I do like the lines over the arches. Interior is very Audi A4 looking. Looks a good buy, pretty quick too Id guess at 184hp?

Bianca white 306 Rallye
Arctic blue Clio 182 FF
Alpine white 205 1.9 GTI
Posted 10th Nov 2013 at 20:17
sixysix

Seasoned Pro

Post #8
gwyn rallye wrote:
Im not normally a fan of modern cars but must say this looks very smart. Its got an agressive looking shape to it, nicely proportioned and I do like the lines over the arches. Interior is very Audi A4 looking. Looks a good buy, pretty quick too Id guess at 184hp?

Same here but I quite like the shape and styling of the Leon and from the side looks a bit like the Scirocco.
To le, it's a hatchback but Seat call it a sport coupe (SC).

Interior looks similar to VW/Audi cars, especially the centre console and the layout of buttons/switches.
Seems a little bland to me but very functional and well laid out.

Car is not blisteringly fast but quick enough with 0-62 in 7.4 seconds and top speed of 142mph and 380 Nm of torque @ 1750 rpm.
Not bad for a car that's meant to do 67mpg and Co2 of 119 which is £20 to tax for the year.

The other bonus is that I don't have to get it emmoteid for 3 years Laugh my ass off

Take a look

Posted 11th Nov 2013 at 00:04
mcvite

Regular

Post #9
Very nice mate,enjoy your new toy Thumbs up

http://s1160.photobucket.com/albums/q486/mcvite/
Posted 11th Nov 2013 at 04:03
hsustyle

Seasoned Pro

Post #10
Good choice with the 184. I work for Seat and currently in a white 184 TDI FR too.
Not the fastest off the mark but it will just pull relentlessly through every gear and that's what I really like about it.Have you tried out the lane assist?

Good one getting the tech pack on it too.
They look pretty mean with the daytime running lines!

The electronic locking differential is brilliant I think, makes my S1 16v Rallye seem like a death-trap torque monster that will try to torque and bump steer me into the next hedge on full chat!

Suspension feels great too on UK roads.

Beef Beyond Belief
Posted 13th Nov 2013 at 21:33
sixysix

Seasoned Pro

Post #11
hsustyle wrote:
Good choice with the 184. I work for Seat and currently in a white 184 TDI FR too.
Not the fastest off the mark but it will just pull relentlessly through every gear and that's what I really like about it.Have you tried out the lane assist?

Good one getting the tech pack on it too.
They look pretty mean with the daytime running lines!

The electronic locking differential is brilliant I think, makes my S1 16v Rallye seem like a death-trap torque monster that will try to torque and bump steer me into the next hedge on full chat!

Suspension feels great too on UK roads.

I was looking at 150's at first but for the extra 1k, to get the extra power and multi link suspension, I just had to have it LOL
As you say, it's not rapid off the line but not shabby either, but the torque gets it up to speed very quickly and with no fuss and made me grin when I first drove it Smile
Not really pushed her yet as only 650 on the clock so far so am breaking her in gently before I give her a proper test drive Smile

I don't have the lane assist on mine, but looks like clever stuff about keeping in lane when drifting out by accident, although I have pretty good lane discipline LOL

The electric diff works really well although I have only made it work a few times so far and keeps the car in check very well, handles very nicely and the ride is comfortable, sometimes a little firm but not uncomfortable or crashy at all.
Steering is a little vague compared to the 306 but still has good feel and is good but better when in sport mode Smile

Tech pack was a must as the LED lights look much better and more modern and I love the look of the DTRL and the lines of the rear lights as well and they also drew me to the car.

The DTRL look quite unique and don't look as if they have tried to copy every other Audi before it LOL
It's a nice tube of light instead of a running band of LED's like most others.

One thing I don't have, and beleive me I have tried, is the auto tilt function on the passenger wing mirror when parking so you can see the kerb better.
I was quite looking forward to that but apparently they removed this feature for some reason or another Sad

Only thing I did not get that I wanted was the space saver and I did not manage to haggle that into the deal and not cheap at £239 +vat! I picked up an unused mk5 Golf 18"space saver with complete jack kit from ebay for £90 and from my research it is the same part and fitment so was happy with that instead of the gunk stuff LOL

Glad you like and enjoy the car matey, and good to know that a SEAT guy is impressed with the car Thumbs up

Take a look

Posted 14th Nov 2013 at 00:23