displaying posts 1 to 6 of 6

Author Subject: Tapper...help please!
willy1971

Post #1
hallo all you maniacs..

I have a tapper and suspect it is the valve stem guide seals as there is smoke when I start/drive my 6..am thinking about removing the head and send it away for a recon but it seems the places here in Telford are a complete waste of time as I have not received a callback or reply to my e-mails...

Any suggestions would be much appreciated fella's.

Will
Posted 6th Nov 2013 at 17:19
aaron6

Seasoned Pro

Post #2
Get a referbed head from carl grimsby or carl chambers and swap it over. Be the cheapest route by far. What color smoke just out of interest?

See the sheer power and might of the lesser known burrowing owl.

Posted 6th Nov 2013 at 18:25
heliosphan

Senior User

Post #3
Yeah, send your cylinder head to Grimbsy town centre, DN31 1AA and Carl Grimsby will bring it back to Leicester to repair it. From Grimsby.
Posted 6th Nov 2013 at 18:44
willy1971

Post #4
cheers guys..@ Aaron, white smoke on start up but clears when reaching operating temp..she does use oil but think the leaky sump also contributes towards the loss of oil.
Posted 6th Nov 2013 at 21:00
Niall

Seasoned Pro

Post #5
Sure its smoke and not steam? A lot of people get the two mixed up and these engines are quite prone to a bit of steam on a cold morning.
Posted 6th Nov 2013 at 21:06
stan_306gti6 Forum Admin

Post #6
Yeah, it'll be blue smoke on startup if it was burning oil. As Niall says, these engines do produce a bit of steam on cold starting, so don't worry to much about that.

As for the tapping - a replacement head from Carl Grimsley in Leicester will see you right. Yes

"Supercharged - 454.1bhp/317.5lb/ft"
Peugeot 306 GTi-6
2000 (X), Moonstone Love
Posted 7th Nov 2013 at 07:44