displaying posts 1 to 7 of 7

Author Subject: poly bushes over standard?
jimmyhackers

Seasoned Pro

Post #1
name says it all really, whats people opinion on getting poly bushes over oem?

theres a kit on ebay with them all in

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FULL-POWERFLEX-FRONT-REAR-BUSHES-ENGINE-MOUNT-KIT-PEUGEOT-306-/180938100982?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&fits=Car+Make%3APeugeot%7CModel%3A306&hash=item2a20c050f6

i dopnt really want the rear bump stops as i never hit em. but everythign else probly needs replacing on my car anyways.

whats peoples opinion

cheers in advance
jim

the world is changed by people in sheds
Posted 3rd Nov 2013 at 13:54
jord294

Seasoned Pro

Post #2
Don't do it ffs!

Most peoples opinions are that they are s**t! Yes

FRESHLY RE-FURBISHED GTI BEAMS
FITTING AND LOWERING AVAILABLE.
ALL AXLES BUILT USING GENUINE PEUGEOT PARTS

IF I'M NOT HERE, IT ONLY MEANS ONE THING.... I'M SOMEWHERE ELSE!
Posted 3rd Nov 2013 at 14:17
mik

Seasoned Pro

Post #3
I've done it on other cars but not on my Rallye as I'm very happy with the factory ones. I've never liked Powerflex, but that is a personal opinion.

Cherry Rallye SOLD

Posted 3rd Nov 2013 at 22:38
bigbadbowen

Seasoned Pro

Post #4
Soft and s**te Yes
Posted 3rd Nov 2013 at 22:43
darkgti6

Seasoned Pro

Post #5
Ive got powerflex black compound front wishbone bushes. Had them on a year ago purchased from spoox and removed them wrongly thinking they were causing problems. Recently went back to them from motaquip replacements because the front end was all over the place. They were horrendous.

The bushes have been completely re designed by powerflex (probably as a result of new equipment purchased after the fire at they're premises a while ago) making them easier to install. They have metal inserts cast into the polyurethane this time whereas the last pair didn't and were a very tight fit. The current set were very easy to install as a result.

So far im really impressed. Much firmer than standard purple compound which ive also ran for around 50k miles without issue. When I removed the purple compound version they were absolutely fine. So good in fact I sold them on for a few quid.

My current set up is the black compound powerflex front wishbone bushes with vibratechnics p bushes. Its very contolled up front and turn in is superb. Theres also more feedback though the steering wheel, but it really depends on how you want the car to feel. The negatives in this set up are it does tramline and pull through the steering wheel on bumpy roads and the extra feedback can be irritating when you just want to cruise along. There is also more road noise which is mainly the fault of the p bushes. The noise absorbing from the black powerflex bushes is excellent.

So there is something to be said for a softer set up. Sometimes I do miss my purple powerflex front bushes and standard p bushes purely for refinement.

Overall I dont understand all the negative comments powerflex have on here. I have used both compounds of front bush and a lower engine mount for around 50k all without failure. If you want firmer powerflex bushes (and they are very firm) buy the black compound and stop moaning about flex. If you want refinement buy purple. Simples.

Team Peugeot Sport 308 Gti

Black T'99 Gti - may she rest in peace - written off in a shunt on the A329m
Posted 11th Jan 2014 at 23:05
russbez

Seasoned Pro

Post #6
all my engine mounts were Group N, i found it shook my dash to death on idle - not much fun on daily runabout
since changed my bottom engine mount to a yellow powerflex one... happy enough with it.

For my wishbones i am using standard cheepo mushroom bushes + "P" bush for about 2 years now they seemed to have held up just fine, ball joints are Lemforder though.

£153 sounds a bit of a rip off Unsure

TEAM HIGH BOOST SUPERCHARGED RALLYE

My Rallye project thread
Posted 5th Nov 2013 at 15:56
mik

Seasoned Pro

Post #7
Things do move on, and my criticisms might no longer be valid.

When I looked at them some years ago I thought they were inferior in their quality of manufacture to SuperPro (in a side by side comparison). I thought they were seriously over-priced - much more expensive than SuperPro (sold in UK as Super Flex). I also spoke to other people including 2 different retailers who refused to stock them as they didn't like them. My own experience.

Depends what you want from your car.

Cherry Rallye SOLD

Posted 5th Nov 2013 at 22:22