displaying posts 1 to 2 of 2

Author Subject: fuel pressure regulator (non factory)
barnettjd77

Regular

Post #1
Morning all with sore heads Smile

I have looked on all the other related threads and from what I see/hear pretty bloody pointless?

This is a adjustable one from eBay I reckon.. I didn't buy it, came on the car when I bought it a year ago :L

As engine is just standard.. and from what I have read it won't be doing any favours for me at all?

If anything it's just pressuring too much fuel through to the injectors?

I also do have the standard one here somewhere :L

Would this partly be the cause of excessive fuel use?

Any help, corrections and info would be muchly appreciated.... Thanks, Jake.

A red rallye in progress!
Posted 20th Oct 2013 at 10:36
ryangti6

Seasoned Pro

Post #2
You can set your adjustable one to standard (3 bar) but everything I've ever heard about them is they aren't very stable and don't hold the correct pressure very well, hence most people will say there not any good, especially the cheapo ones.

Personally I'd refit the original if you have it there. The current one could well be making you use excessive fuel also in extreme cases I've heard of them causing bore wash from being set too high. Check your oil, if it smells of petrol I'd treat her to an oil change too for peace of mind.

Ryan
Posted 20th Oct 2013 at 16:38