allanallen

Seasoned Pro

Post #26
bigbadbowen wrote:
allanallen wrote:
bigbadbowen wrote:
allanallen wrote:
bigbadbowen wrote:

No you can't machine down 330 rotors not sure why you would want to do that ?

Yes you can

If the offsets correct and you have enough area left for the pad it will be a nice cheap option. Brembo disc are normally pretty decent quality too.

Sounds like a whole lot of extra effort to me ? And what if one brakes ?

As the op says he knows a turner and it'd take him literally 5minutes to turn down a pair of discs, potentially saving himself a heap of money?
I take it you mean breaks? Why would one break? A standard disc/rotor is already a turned down casting.

So if the brake disc fails and there is a big accident and people die who do you think will get the blame ?

LOL I don't see you winging when folk fit 'not for road use' pads??

If you honestly think like that what the hell are you doing modifying 15 year old cars in the first place? I only asked why the disc would fail? You seem very sure that you can't do it so why don't you enlighten us?
Hi-spec and I'm sure other companies sell modified discs in their kits and as I've already pointed out most brake discs are turned from a casting anyway. a 330 disc probably started life at 340mm+

www.bridgecraftmotorsport.co.uk

Facebook
Posted 13th Oct 2013 at 07:00
aaron6

Seasoned Pro

Post #27
Im a toolmaker and cant see why it you couldnt turn it down. They are already turned across the O/D anyhow.
However, id just buy the correct size of disc. And if the bells require non standard rotors id machine up another set of bells to suit off the shelf rotors.

See the sheer power and might of the lesser known burrowing owl.

Posted 13th Oct 2013 at 08:16
steve h gti-6

Seasoned Pro

Post #28
Will be getting new rotors from HiSpec at only £100 per side insted of around £200-250 from Tarox plus some Yellow Stuff pads at £88 insted of Tarox ones at around £150.

I know my rotors are 10 bolt fixing and the rotors need a pad sweep area of 52, but trying to find out if i need a PCD of 180 or 190. I must be missing a trick and having to contact HiSpec to see how i work out what i need to get their off the shelf rotors to fit my Tarox bells if that makes sense?

Sorry if thats a stupid question peeps?

Cheers guys and girls for all your imputs

"Gotta Love The 6"

According to my wife i think the 6 is the fastest car in the world, perhaps she is right LoL !
Posted 14th Oct 2013 at 08:25
coskev

Seasoned Pro

Post #29
PCD is measured from the centre of mounting holes on opposite sidesThumbs up

You can re-drill bells if needed,mine had three different sets of holes in them,looked scruffy so got my m8 to weld up the holes I was not usingSmile

Red GTB1756 powered Fabia VRS daily driver,LBSC Gti6 eater........

Mac1 ZR R1 kit car build in progress.
Posted 14th Oct 2013 at 09:14
coskev

Seasoned Pro

Post #30
http://www.wilwood.com/Images/HATS/Hat_Drawings-Large/Big_Brake_Inset_Offset-12blt-5lug-lg-dwg.jpg

Rotor bolt circle on that pic is PCDThumbs up

Red GTB1756 powered Fabia VRS daily driver,LBSC Gti6 eater........

Mac1 ZR R1 kit car build in progress.
Posted 14th Oct 2013 at 09:19
steve h gti-6

Seasoned Pro

Post #31
coskev wrote:
PCD is measured from the centre of mounting holes on opposite sidesThumbs up

You can re-drill bells if needed,mine had three different sets of holes in them,looked scruffy so got my m8 to weld up the holes I was not usingSmile

cool beans and thankyou for the info and link, much appreciated.

"Gotta Love The 6"

According to my wife i think the 6 is the fastest car in the world, perhaps she is right LoL !
Posted 14th Oct 2013 at 10:12

Pages (2): 1 [2]