displaying posts 26 to 27 of 27

Pages (2): 1 [2]

Author Subject: Car Written Off
Niall

Seasoned Pro

Post #26
Lecktorious wrote:
Niall wrote:
Don't forget you have a 3 year warranty on that work assuming they are using one of the insurers approved repair shops so over a period of time, check for even tyre wear as well.

You 100% sure on that? With an insurance approved bodyshop I would have thought a year would have been more likely. Insurers don't want the liability hanging over them years after an accident. With most other GI it's a year warranty on any insurer approved repair network.

I was told 3 years by Admiral when someone drove into the front of my 306. I was asking them to use my own body shop as i know the guy and he does all my bodywork to a really high standard but Admiral were moaning that i would get no backup from them should anything go wrong with the repair within 3 years.

Im not sure if the body shop warrant it for 3 years but i think if it fails, the insurer will pay to repair it again within the 3 years.
Posted 3rd Nov 2013 at 10:26
ardandy

Seasoned Pro

Post #27
It's got a 5 year warranty according to company doing it. Prob because cars only 2 years old.
Posted 3rd Nov 2013 at 18:02

Pages (2): 1 [2]