displaying posts 1 to 2 of 2

Author Subject: GTi6 Idle AFR
jammapic

Senior User

Post #1
Hi all,

Been doing a bit of data logging just trying to smooth the last few lumps out in my GTi-6 throttle body setup, before moving on to bigger cams, injectors etc.

Where do you guys aim in terms of Idle Air fuel ratio?

If I connect up the Lambda sensor, obviously it sits at 14.7:1 as measured with my wideband - but it idles like crap there with no ICV, missing and stumbling a bit.

With the Lambda disconnected @ 3.0 bar fuel pressure and my chip wizards mapping I see around 12 - 12.5:1, it idles much better but still the odd stumble and pretty "fuelly" smelling.

If I take a little fuel out and shoot for 13:1 it idles smooth as silk, I can adjust the rpm down to 850 and no issues... but it still feels pretty rich.

Any input?

Ta,

JP

HDI Engine Tuning / Remapping Services - https://www.facebook.com/dervtech

306 GTi-6 Track Car - 200+ hp all N/A!
306 DTurbo Track beasty - 209.9hp - RIP
Posted 7th Oct 2013 at 17:43
24seven

Seasoned Pro

Post #2
Are you adjusting the ignition timing as well or just the fuelling? From cold it'll want to be a little richer than when it's warmed up - at which time stoichiometric is what you should be aiming for really.

Ph1 306 GTi 6 | RX8 231 S1 | YBR 125 Cafe Racer | MT-03 660
Posted 7th Oct 2013 at 23:00