displaying posts 1 to 2 of 2

Author Subject: 306 GTi6 for spares
honestly3k

Seasoned Pro

Post #1
Sorry about putting in general, it would not let me post in cars for sale section, admin can you move?

Hi chaps,

Gauging interest in what's left of my much-loved gti6.
Some of you may know it was rear ended by a lorry a couple of weeks ago, has since been inspected and confirmed as a Cat D write off I believe.
The company who assessed it has said I am able buy the car back and sell as spares. I still have to contact them this week to confirm this and confirm when i am officially allowed to move it on.
I do not have the room/tools/time/knowledge to break her....
So, I would like to offer her up to anyone who has the space and time to take her whole and they can then take her apart, to make use of what is left that is still good, so......
She's a high miler, and has lived its 100K miles in my 3 years of ownership on the motorway. And as such, has done the very best kind of mileage you can do in a car.
Engine is fantastic, just been out and started it up for the first time in 2 weeks, fired on the first turn of the key. Pulled 163bhp and 144ftlb of torque when I had it rolling roaded about a year ago. Non tapper, did her job very well and I've no doubt would have continued to do big miles without any issues into the foreseeable future. I've had 3 cam belts done on her in my ownership. And she is due another now, last had one on 122k. And now sits on 161K. Whenever the belt has come off it has been in great condition and i would normally always get it done at 35K intervals. So i decided to go past that 35K interval this time, but it will need doing if someone wished to use the engine in another shell. Was actually booked in for another cam belt a week after the crash which she will never make.
Interior, driver's seat has had it. Ripped and broken from when i was forcing my body into it when the lorry hit to brace myself for impact. See photos. The rest is pretty much mint/just needing a clean. GTi6 mats fitted. Gear knob and steering wheel in good condition. As are the door cards.
Good points:
-Has a Rich W lightened and balanced flywheel fitted, has been fitted for 80K miles (or two years of driving). It is of the later type so no issues with damage to the teeth. Have had no issues with this and is a great mod. Had a new clutch and clutch cable fitted. Pedal still very light due to it being a motorway car
-Aluminium billet crank pulley also fitted, so no issues with the crank pulley slipping and compliments the flywheel well.
-Miles gear linkages fitted. Also had a new return ball leaver on the linkages setup fitted, changes gear lovely. Does rattle slightly due to there being no bush or dampening, but it never bothered me as i liked listening to music fairly loud anyway.
-Bilstein B4's with Eibach pro springs -30mm drop fitted up front.
-Green cotton air filter
-Xsara mist jets fitted
-New aluminum radiator fitted around 10k ago iirc
-New battery around 9 months ago iirc
-Replacement oe exhaust just fitted, this was used when bought but was in good condition and not very old
-4 Cyclones fitted with Michelin PE2's with around 4mm of tread iirc. These were also recently refurbed but the front nearside has some kerbing marks.
-Colour coded front splitter fitted. Makes the car look fantastic imo and finishes the car off nicely.
-Had a brand new Magnetti Marelli ICV about 5 months ago.
-Gearbox is great, all gears select lovely. No issues there
-Had new rear discs and pads, inner and outer track rod ends at the most recent MOT (May iirc)
-Osram nightbreaker bulbs in the headlamps, though one blew and has been removed.
-Front doors in good nick, plus the wings and bonet is good. Headlamps good. I think even the rears may still be ok/working but have not confirmed this.
-Around half a tank of fuel in the car

Car has no stereo fitted. Obviously the rear of the car has completely had it. Ergo, not boot lid/rear bumper being of any use to anyone.
As far as i can tell, the exhaust is still good/undamaged. And the rear beam is fine. Lowered 30mm.
Brakes are good from what i can tell. No issues with seized pistons or anything.
Have a folder full of paperwork from what has been done in my ownership. Regularly serviced, with receipts for everything I've had done.
Car does drive still, but obviously I think it would need to be towed away.
Car is not available to be taken just yet, as I have to clarify this week i am allowed to do so, but i guess it would be a matter of days before it is available to go. So please bare with me while this is sorted out.
I realise she's been written off but i feel there is a lot of value in what is left of her for someone who has the space and time to break it.
So I am asking for £435 ONO.
Any questions please ask away.
Chris

''Oh, it does handle like a golf!'' Why drive a Golf....when you can drive a GTi-6?
Posted 6th Oct 2013 at 17:41
honestly3k

Seasoned Pro

Post #2
SOLD & awaiting collection Smile

''Oh, it does handle like a golf!'' Why drive a Golf....when you can drive a GTi-6?
Posted 9th Oct 2013 at 16:29