displaying posts 1 to 5 of 5

Author Subject: Supercharged radiator?
Hawkesfire

Regular

Post #1
Hi I have a 206 with a GTI 6 High boost supercharger fitted and when I push the car hard it's getting too hot but on tick over and gentle driving its at 92, I have removed the thermostat but left the body in it so the flow is controlled and it has a alloy 205 rad that is 40% bigger but it's sat behind the intercooler that is the same size and has twin 12" fans switched on as well

What size rad do other people run ? One of the guys mentioned it could be caused by the map on the car as it could be running rich but I thinks I need a bigger rad and maybe need to install in the rear so it gets it away from the intercooler?

Marty

206 Rallycross GTI6 SC SHB 425 BHP clutch eater !!!
Posted 6th Oct 2013 at 11:22
superchargedblack1997gti6

Seasoned Pro

Post #2
to be honest Marty i would run a rear mounted radiator? nobody I know of has used the superchargers in highboost form for rally cross you will be pushing the engine very hard and will not have anywhere near as much air flowing through the rad and intercooler as a car driving around track. th possibility of running a chargecooler for boost and a Much larger rad for cooling also a possibility. nothing off the shelf fits though you could get away with an rs500 cosworth radiator and intercooler combo may work?

Super high boost Completed, destroyer of gearboxes and 160mph club
Posted 6th Oct 2013 at 12:55
7057sam

Seasoned Pro

Post #3
I also heard cossie rad would fit with abit of bodging

Rallye build: 11 November 1998 - a Wednesday
Team rallye,built for track
----Click this if you like rallyes

Rallye dead Sad
Secret Team Astor...
Posted 6th Oct 2013 at 13:49
Hawkesfire

Regular

Post #4
But do you think it will cool the engine being behind the intercooler ? The front end of the car is framed out so should be able to squeeze it in and should I have a gap between the 2 ??

206 Rallycross GTI6 SC SHB 425 BHP clutch eater !!!
Posted 6th Oct 2013 at 14:08
superchargedblack1997gti6

Seasoned Pro

Post #5
personally I'd go rear mounted though more work you'll get the best of both worlds! cooler inlet temps and cooler coolant temps win win situation i think!

Super high boost Completed, destroyer of gearboxes and 160mph club
Posted 6th Oct 2013 at 14:13