displaying posts 26 to 50 of 142

Pages (6): 1 [2] 3 .. last

Author Subject: 205 GTi 8v turbo
eddy_gti6

Seasoned Pro

Post #26
Its not been ran in over 4 years so im going to give it a check it over, replace all the gaskets and seals too. The engine has the 8:1 flat top pist9ns what I have been told are better than the 8.5:1 dished pistons in most of these engines. It seems to have a new timing belt on and some quite newish out so must have been serviced not long before the engine was took off the road. The engine is just mounted in the bay at the minute, just how I bought it. No wiring done, no exhaust and no shafts. The box is the 1.9 205 BE3 box and I plan to run 309 gti bottom arms too

Clicky: [url =http://www.306gti6.com]click here[/url] remove the space between [url & =
Posted 29th Sep 2013 at 23:16
eddy_gti6

Seasoned Pro

Post #27
Early start today, been meaninf to pull the engine out all week but by the time i have been getting up on a morning i just havnt had time or havnt been bothered to do much before work. Hopefully have the engine out thismorning ready to do some more cleaning in the engine bay and maybe have time to mask up and prime the bay tomorrow. Got my 309 wishbones to pick up in the morning and some rose joints so i can modidy the f**ked balljoints.
Also waiting on collecting an AEM wideband air/fuel gauge from Fatlapit at some point.
Hopefully shouldnt take long to clean up the engine bay and rebuild the engine ready to go back in.

Clicky: [url =http://www.306gti6.com]click here[/url] remove the space between [url & =
Posted 4th Oct 2013 at 08:06
eddy_gti6

Seasoned Pro

Post #28
Thats the engine out and other bits pulled off, Ran out of time and need to go to work so i will carry on with the rest tomorrow.

Also collected an AEM wideband air/fuel gauge from fatlapit and found my old turbosmart boost gauge, oil pressure and volt gauge too

Posted 6th Oct 2013 at 11:13
eddy_gti6

Seasoned Pro

Post #29
Few hours today got the sub frame off and stripped down, bulkhead all rubbed down and Kseal applied. Left it for a couple of hours and gave it a lick of high build primer. going to pull the 2 front wings off through the week so i can clean up the top of the chassis legs and sprat them when i do the engine bay so everything's do to a half decent standard instead of skipping bits that will only annoying me at a later date.

Posted 6th Oct 2013 at 18:27
jimmyrallye

Seasoned Pro

Post #30
Looking good mate whats the rest of the body work like on the car

"Police arrested two kids yesterday, one was drinking battery acid, the other was eating fireworks. They charged one and let the other one off."
Posted 6th Oct 2013 at 18:45
eddy_gti6

Seasoned Pro

Post #31
Thanks mate Thumbs up

Body could do with a respray at some point as its not in the best of conditions for being sat for such a long time although it may polish up. Could do with a passenger door tho but all panels seem to be nice and straight. Plan on fitting a fibreglass auto bonnet and fibreglass boot lid too, also want to remove the sunroof. May see about fitting a carbon blank to keep it nice and light Wink

If I get time tomorrow I will get a few pics of the rest of the car

Posted 6th Oct 2013 at 19:02
eddy_gti6

Seasoned Pro

Post #32
Thoughts on engine bay colour? Did plan to just do it white but been thinking i may go for something different? Maybe a dark grey or maybe even postbox red to match the red trim on the bump strips? After all its is basically just going to be a fun weekend/track car Maybe make it stand out a little

Posted 8th Oct 2013 at 10:27
jimmyrallye

Seasoned Pro

Post #33
Keep it white and simple mate

"Police arrested two kids yesterday, one was drinking battery acid, the other was eating fireworks. They charged one and let the other one off."
Posted 8th Oct 2013 at 11:53
aaron6

Seasoned Pro

Post #34
Black. It'll hide the dirt and s**t better.

See the sheer power and might of the lesser known burrowing owl.

Posted 8th Oct 2013 at 12:45
cjm_harris

Seasoned Pro

Post #35
I'd go for white I rekon Yes

Chris
1999 China Gti6 Supercharged Devil [Fun car] >>Project Thread<<
2000 Bianca 306 Diesel [Work runabout]
Posted 8th Oct 2013 at 13:23
rikky 🦔

Post #36

black Yes

306 rallye reproduction decals (full sets/individual decals) | 306 b-pillar textured vinyl weatherstrips
306 slam panel esso stickers | 306 yellow / orange / pension fund red side door badges
gti6 inlet manifold badges | 306 rear boot badges (p2/p3)
winner of Extraction of toys from prams with outstanding vigour award 2009 [source: gti6 owners club]
Posted 8th Oct 2013 at 13:27
dangti6

aka JKshooter

Post #37
Camo.

• Senior Test Automation Engineer for the 306GTi6 Owners Club Forum Wizard

• Posted 8th Oct 2013 at 13:33
    eddy_gti6

Seasoned Pro

Post #38
    Rikky is that satin black, quite like the look of then, then I could go for black inside the car with white cage I suppose Cool do you have a picture of the bay can car from further away?

Clicky: [url =http://www.306gti6.com]click here[/url] remove the space between [url &amp; =
    Posted 8th Oct 2013 at 13:33
    rikky 🦔

Post #39
    no not at the moment. it's gloss black with a clear top coat, hides pipework etc nicely

i had to paint it cos i'd cut big holes in the engine bay and welded new inner wings in. looks a mess in that pic but its coming along nicely now

306 rallye reproduction decals (full sets/individual decals) | 306 b-pillar textured vinyl weatherstrips
    306 slam panel esso stickers | 306 yellow / orange / pension fund red side door badges
    winner of Extraction of toys from prams with outstanding vigour award 2009 [source: gti6 owners club]
    Posted 8th Oct 2013 at 14:05
    eddy_gti6

Seasoned Pro

Post #40
    Looks a tidy job to me. Hmm suppose black is easyer to keep clean as well and make my shiny bits stand out more...

Clicky: [url =http://www.306gti6.com]click here[/url] remove the space between [url &amp; =
    Posted 8th Oct 2013 at 14:12
    rikky 🦔

Post #41

from t'other night. poor quality shot. waiting on a hose to actually have it running Sad then when it runs its coming to a million bits for a complete respray

Posted 8th Oct 2013 at 14:24
    eddy_gti6

Seasoned Pro

Post #42
    Looks odd without the wings on. Looks alright in black I must say. Might go satin black on mine. What suspension are you running on there?

Posted 8th Oct 2013 at 15:50
    rikky 🦔

Post #43
    everything's going to be standard 1.9 or better / gti6 stuff, but nothing trackday-ish.. standard interior etc, just the different engine

Posted 8th Oct 2013 at 15:53
    daver6

Seasoned Pro

Post #44
    rikky wrote:
    everything's going to be standard 1.9 or better / gti6 stuff, but nothing trackday-ish.. standard interior etc, just the different engine

Thumbs up

Red Rallye - Rolling "restoration"

Wishbone Polybushes available
    Posted 8th Oct 2013 at 17:37
    jimmyrallye

Seasoned Pro

Post #45
    That engine bay looks sexy Ricky some man hours spent on that

Posted 8th Oct 2013 at 19:36
    eddy_gti6

Seasoned Pro

Post #46
    No Thread on your build rikky? Really want to press on with mine buy working night shift and by the time i get up i cant get a lot done

daver6 wrote:
    rikky wrote:

Thumbs up

Dave, any progress with the flanges? Whistle

Posted 8th Oct 2013 at 20:07
    eddy_gti6

Seasoned Pro

Post #47
    Well looks like the engine bay is going gloss black along with inside the car too. Picked the paint up this morning on my way home from work so hopefully i will get a chance tomorrow to give the bay another lick of primer then get the engine bay painted up over the weekend.
    Today i removed the driver side front wing then when i came to remove the passenger front wing i found it to be bonded on as well as bolted on! need to find a way to get the wing off now, going to see the bloke over the back to see if he can use some cheese wire to get it off since he works for AA windscreens.

Few bit and bobs turned up today Big grin

BakerBM engine mounts
    SuperPoly Race wishbone bushes
    TD04 turbo gaskets

I was planning on just keeping this as a budget track build but little things soon start adding up and still a hell of a lot more to buy yet!

Anyway here is a pile of parts i have so far:

Posted 10th Oct 2013 at 20:53
    rikky 🦔

Post #48
    where did you get your lines made?

Posted 10th Oct 2013 at 21:42
    eddy_gti6

Seasoned Pro

Post #49
    There exact braided lines mate. Had them a little while now. Bought them for the 306 but never fitted them. Cant remember exactley where as I bought a set off swampy... well paid for them waited 3 month for nothing then got a refund and found a custom brake like company on the net, I just sent them sizes and they made them up.

Posted 10th Oct 2013 at 21:47
    rikky 🦔

Post #50
    LOL

i've got a few made up but need to do the rest. have a full roll of copper pipe here and some stainless so not sure what to do really, i keep thinking about making them with copper but my pipe bender is 10 miles away

Posted 10th Oct 2013 at 21:55

Pages (6): 1 [2] 3 .. last