displaying posts 1 to 1 of 1

Author Subject: Eibach springs with B8 shocks in a 205 advice.
beez_neez_gt

Seasoned Pro

Post #1
Im going to be getting the B8 shocks in 306 or VTS form fitted in my 205 GTI. I will contact Miles and see if they come in phase 1 VTS form because their original ones are more uprated than the 6 types.

Now from what iv been told the maximum poundage of the Eibach springs only go to 160lb, from what iv researched iv found the 180-200lb springs will be best to cope with the extra weight of the engine in a 205, of which does give the car some understeer. Now im sure when using the VTS or 6 B8 shocks will actually mean I won't need these types of springs and just go with the 160 lb Eibach ones or maybe possibly lower.

When the car was in standard form with the S16 engine of which has the same weight as the 6 engine, the car did have some understeer during long sweeping bends etc.

My chassis set up will be having the 309 gti front ARB with decent mounts, 24mm rear ARB, new 309 bones, Gp A Bilstein rear shocks and 22mm torsion bars with rear solid mounts and ZX rear arms and 205 bearings. The front and rear will be getting some more camber eventually but that won't affect the dynamics much. It also has a weld in strut brace as well with hard top mounts on the front struts. Car will be used for fast road and semi track use and not too bothered about comfort so much, just nimbleness and neutral steering during all types of bends in both fields.

So which of the Eibach spring rates should I aim for knowing the cars full set up, also im not sure whether to go for 30 or a 40mm drop. I'll also be using the C5 wheels too on 50 rating ?

On a side note, what are these springs coated in, powder coating or similar, I ask because I don't want boring black that iv seen around ? LOL

Pug fee`ver,

Pick a Bogey, buy a Pug.

Black 306 GTI 6 Standard, was 60k mileage, bargain!!

Clicky: [url =http://www.306gti6.com]click here[/url] remove the space between [url & =
Posted 25th Sep 2013 at 05:42