displaying posts 26 to 50 of 157

Pages (7): 1 [2] 3 .. last

Author Subject: Dead forum
jimmyhackers

Seasoned Pro

Post #26
i used to be on the 306 forum when i had a 1.4 306....where i first met phillipm and a few others.

i agree the other sights full of dirty diesel lovers, boy racers who naff the s**t out their car with lexus lights and numerous newbies asking the same retard questions over n over again.

i came here and never looked back after i finally got a '6'

i have a feeling to fix this problem youll have to go back in time and destroy the top gear episode with the hillclimb and that naff ass peice of s**t p**i mobile. that was the finall nail in the publics eye for the 306's coffin.

the world is changed by people in sheds
Posted 17th Sep 2013 at 14:28
beez_neez_gt

Seasoned Pro

Post #27
People that go to meets will have a 6 and already be a member so doubt meets will make any difference. Iv known a few non peugeot owners friends of friends etc pop to meets and they havent joined up to any. I have a few 106 owner friends and they just cant be bothered with forums, one has built a track 106 on his own just about. Its just die hard yippeekyaa users now lol.

Forums like anything else has their day, that seems to be the same on all forums now and possibly people using search more too. This trend seems to be the same on non car forums too.

Pug fee`ver,

Pick a Bogey, buy a Pug.

Black 306 GTI 6 Standard, was 60k mileage, bargain!!

Clicky: [url =http://www.306gti6.com]click here[/url] remove the space between [url & =
Posted 17th Sep 2013 at 16:22
mole man

Regular

Post #28
I also think Facebook could be a cause of less people being active as there's a lot of groups on there, it's not only this forum which is dead I'm also joined to a local one and have been for a long time but no one has really posted on there for a good month
Posted 17th Sep 2013 at 16:58
blandy

Seasoned Pro

Post #29
Trouble is like every forum theres always a clicky crowd who know each other so comment on everything they post and newbies will find it hard to integrate etc. Also as said the cars are old and cheap now and have been around for a long time so 90% of the time most of the info your looking for can be found on search so people don't need to ask questions etc

Posted 17th Sep 2013 at 17:19
cjm_harris

Seasoned Pro

Post #30
blandy wrote:
90% of the time most of the info your looking for can be found on search so people don't need to ask questions etc

Laugh my ass off

I've been here for years and when I first joined all of the needed information was already here. Didnt stop me and many others posting again about it though Laugh

(I see where you are coming from though mate)

Also, been inspired to update my project thread.. Just doing what I can..

Chris
1999 China Gti6 Supercharged Devil [Fun car] >>Project Thread<<
2000 Bianca 306 Diesel [Work runabout]
Posted 17th Sep 2013 at 17:46
beez_neez_gt

Seasoned Pro

Post #31
blandy wrote:
Trouble is like every forum theres always a clicky crowd who know each other so comment on everything they post and newbies will find it hard to integrate etc. Also as said the cars are old and cheap now and have been around for a long time so 90% of the time most of the info your looking for can be found on search so people don't need to ask questions etc

Thats the problem with forums, they all know each other well and newbies find it hard. Imo thats all well and good in real life hanging round your own group of friends but member should realise forums is not real life and are a community based site, not for cliques to push valuable newbies out with their coarse ways etc, seen it happen a lot which in the end makes a forum crap and boring.

Pug fee`ver,

Pick a Bogey, buy a Pug.

Clicky: [url =http://www.306gti6.com]click here[/url] remove the space between [url & =
Posted 17th Sep 2013 at 19:05
ian7675

Techno Viking

Post #32
beez_neez_gt wrote:
People that go to meets will have a 6 and already be a member so doubt meets will make any difference. Iv known a few non peugeot owners friends of friends etc pop to meets and they havent joined up to any. I have a few 106 owner friends and they just cant be bothered with forums, one has built a track 106 on his own just about. Its just die hard yippeekyaa users now lol.

Forums like anything else has their day, that seems to be the same on all forums now and possibly people using search more too. This trend seems to be the same on non car forums too.

I agree, this was the first forum that I ever joined and I still stick with it despite owning many different cars. I do also join forums for the other cars I have but I don't post, I generally just use them if I have any issues and to find out any info.

As with this forum and many others, threads just get criticised and spammed constantly by people who need to take their frustrations out on the Internet and I can't be bothered with it and all the "newb" bulls**t!

I don't think newbies get pushed out on here any more, in fact I think they are welcomed quite well compared to how it used to be. I've seen new members leave after one or two posts because they were savagely abused for no real reason.

Less than 24 hours to go!
Posted 17th Sep 2013 at 19:23
ian7675

Techno Viking

Post #33
This thread would have been hilarious if nobody had replied at all.

Posted 17th Sep 2013 at 19:37
adam b

Seasoned Pro

Post #34
Ian, pay for my membership you dick.

Nothing to see here
Posted 17th Sep 2013 at 19:40
ian7675

Techno Viking

Post #35
I genuinely thought you had gone LOL

Edit: name added Thumbs up

Posted 17th Sep 2013 at 19:50
Nose

Senior User

Post #36
I'm new to the forum and I think its great tbh. Obviously being a 'newbie' I don't know how it used to be, but it seems fine to me, always people on here no matter what time I log on, plenty of posting and replies. I've had no hassle or smart remarks to make me think anything bad towards the forum, in fact quite the opposite - some really good lads on here.
I'm still a member of AUDIFANS.NET due to my old car. Not a bad forum, but no where near the level of activity of this one and certainly not the level of humour or diversity and depth of knowledge. Sometimes there would be no posts for weeks!
Some time back now, I owned an Opel Manta, and was, and still am (from time to time) a forum member. Now that forum did nearly stop at one stage, very little use, but as I see now its quite busy again. Why - probably because the cars are getting rarer now.
I know what you mean about the cars having been around a long time and are cheap etc, but I can't tell you the last time I saw a GTI 6 on the road, and although I've only had my Rallye a few weeks, I have had people stare at it - especially in traffic. These cars are not as plentiful as some may think, and as you all know, only 500 Rallye's built - wonder how many are left??
I think the rarer our cars become, the more the forum will be visited and hopefully people will join.

Christ I've bored meself with that little lot!

cheers

Bianca 306 Rallye.
Mondeo Titanium X.
Posted 17th Sep 2013 at 21:32
rich306

Seasoned Pro

Post #37
I paid up on my membership after a couple of weeks away from this site, missed it tbh and i prefer this site to 306oc.

Both have a good bunch of people on it, but the 306oc lot are more focused on diesels these days rather than Gti's. In fact i know of a Gti6 thats been converted to a 406 Diesel lump recently! Sad

I haven't updated my project thread in months now, hardly anyone comments back on it anymore so i haven't been bothered to do it. Plenty of things to update on. Wink

Richies Project Rallye

Electrical work carried out in Portsmouth

jamiek_uk2000 wrote:
You'll need to throw money at the car. Not on parts. Just stand near your car and throw loose change at it, I find this increases performance for a short period of time
- Top Tip!!!
Posted 17th Sep 2013 at 22:45
beez_neez_gt

Seasoned Pro

Post #38
OC "Obviously Crap" forum seems like a bunch of skinflints, all the talk and use of diesels says it all lol.

Pug fee`ver,

Pick a Bogey, buy a Pug.

Posted 17th Sep 2013 at 23:09
adam b

Seasoned Pro

Post #39
ian7675 wrote:

Well my membership ran out a week ago (I think) but I don't appear to have been culled yet. Confused tbh as my profile says basic but I still have access and PMs and stuff.

Whistle

Nothing to see here
Posted 18th Sep 2013 at 09:20
rich306

Seasoned Pro

Post #40
adam b wrote:
ian7675 wrote:

Well my membership ran out a week ago (I think) but I don't appear to have been culled yet. Confused tbh as my profile says basic but I still have access and PMs and stuff.

Whistle

Now you've admitted it, Stan the ban will be on your case Wink

Richies Project Rallye

Electrical work carried out in Portsmouth

jamiek_uk2000 wrote:
You'll need to throw money at the car. Not on parts. Just stand near your car and throw loose change at it, I find this increases performance for a short period of time
- Top Tip!!!
Posted 18th Sep 2013 at 10:14
mik

Seasoned Pro

Post #41
rich306 wrote:

I haven't updated my project thread in months now, hardly anyone comments back on it anymore so i haven't been bothered to do it. Plenty of things to update on. Wink

Jeez hardly anyone except you, Matt Evans, Russ and Kev has ever commented on my project thread, maybe my writing is too pedantic Big grin Though I'm sure Welshpug or someone took the pi$$ out of me once.

Hasn't stopped me laboriously typing 12 pages of cr@p though LOL

EFA

Cherry Rallye SOLD

Posted 18th Sep 2013 at 13:45
matt evans

Seasoned Pro

Post #42
mik wrote:
rich306 wrote:

Jeez hardly anyone except you, Russ and Kev has ever commented on my project thread, maybe my writing is too pedantic Big grin Though I'm sure Welshpug or someone took the pi$$ out of me once.

I reply, obviously get overlooked though.....LOL

1999 Astor Grey GTi-6 OEM+ (now gone...)
2004 Aegean Blue 206 GTi 180 (also gone...)
2006 Skoda Fabia vRS in Sprint Yellow

honestly3k wrote:
Do you wrestle for a living matt? You sound like a monster LOL

owain wrote:
Nothing involving a 306 can be considered worthwhile.

Posted 18th Sep 2013 at 13:34
mik

Seasoned Pro

Post #43
matt evans wrote:

I reply, obviously get overlooked though.....LOL

Oops, sorry. EFA see above!

Cherry Rallye SOLD

Posted 18th Sep 2013 at 13:45
russbez

Seasoned Pro

Post #44
mik wrote:

Jeez hardly anyone except you, Matt Evans, Russ and Kev has ever commented on my project thread, maybe my writing is too pedantic Big grin Though I'm sure Welshpug or someone took the pi$$ out of me once.

EFA

haha yep im the same
i feel like my constant picture posting bores people Cool

TEAM HIGH BOOST SUPERCHARGED RALLYE

My Rallye project thread
Posted 18th Sep 2013 at 14:22
cjm_harris

Seasoned Pro

Post #45
Dont worry about that guys, think mine is about 30 pages, mainly s**t! haha Laugh my ass off

Chris
1999 China Gti6 Supercharged Devil [Fun car] >>Project Thread<<
2000 Bianca 306 Diesel [Work runabout]
Posted 18th Sep 2013 at 15:13
tvrfan007

Seasoned Pro

Post #46
I ended up replying to myself for about 10 posts in a row on mine! Thought everyone had lost interest so I used it like a diary instead.

I'm Si btw Tee hee

Night Blue VW Golf GTD
Bianca LBSC Rallye - Track/Road Slag Project Thread
Sparkling Silver Mini Cooper D - Super Dooper Superman - (The other half's wheels)
Posted 18th Sep 2013 at 16:43
yippeekayay

Seasoned Pro

Post #47
Si we got bored to tears... read as jealous... of your saffa trips and endless sunshine comments so couldn't let you think we were interested...

welsh bugs been on here using other ids (not yids) so its obviously not as bad as he would have you think... as for "Nose"... he's a good bloke outside of the forum and just what this place needs to keep it going imo Thumbs up

306 less for first time in nearly 7 years. Lets keep it that way... please refuse any offers i make to buy your 306 ( doctors letter supplied by request)

Marmite and cheese sandwiches anyone???

Burns and Mcrae will be forever missed.
x box "yippeekayaymofo"
Posted 18th Sep 2013 at 17:26
prism7guy

Seasoned Pro

Post #48
Just so you guys know, i'm subscribed to all your project threads and enjoy the updates, i just don't tend to post unless i've got something useful to add, didnt want to clutter your threads with my useless drivel. LOL

This forum is great, i've met loads of people from here over the years. Thumbs up
But also, thanks to this forum i went and got into trackdays and have now blown countless thousands on my car. Dry Laugh

Goldie the track car.
Posted 18th Sep 2013 at 17:48
Demograffix.com

Regular

Post #49
I'm still hereThumbs up just renewed my membership I visit the forum a lot, although I don't post many thingsRazz

stevenage black gti 6, 198bhp
Posted 18th Sep 2013 at 18:35
ian7675

Techno Viking

Post #50
I sometimes read the projects threads just out of interest and I much prefer them when it's mostly the OP who replies otherwise you end up trawling through pages of "car looks great" comments to find the latest updates.

Also I never knew 306oc existed...that's all I have to say about that!

Posted 18th Sep 2013 at 18:49

Pages (7): 1 [2] 3 .. last